Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new 105 2011

• 22-07-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi all,

hav my eye on gettin a really ice carbon bike for a while now and hav kept putting it off, hav set the base line at ultegra with the buried cables but is approx 5-600yoyos dearer than 105. So was hard to justify. But i see now that the 105 2011 will have buried cables and will be cheaper than 2010 105 prices! So that should make a big difference to prices next year???

Am i right in saying that the summer sale usually starts after the TdeF and that there should be good discounts coming up soon? or when does that start? Or are they selling so many bikes now with the btw scheme and demand is so high that they will keep prices up like the car industry durin the boom here?

Regards,
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

2011 105 is out already (possibly only available for pre-order). And the difference in groupset prices between 105 and Ultegra is about 100-150 euro but I guess most manufacturers would spec better wheels etc.. for bikes that have Ultegra. Any bikes on sale prices between now and the end of the year won't have 2011 105 on them, it'll be selling off of 2010 models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

5600 105 is already running at it's end of lifecycle prices, there may yet be discounts. The price of 5700 is less than the RRP of 5600, but don't expect any discounts straight away, it will probably remain significantly more expensive for some time.

Ultegra is a great groupset, but if you are a budget conscious customer then the differences between 105 and Ultegra are probably not justified. If you want 10 speed for training and sportives, 105 is fine. Ultegra won't make you a better cyclist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Evans have a few 105 2011 "special edition" models for sale already - Cannondale Six, Fuji Pro, Pinnacle Aeos.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

always nice to get a bargain, this not bad, ;http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/pro-machine-slc01-2009-road-bike-ec020516

those the buried ultegra's? and fulcrum 3's...not bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

By buried you mean 6700 with internal routing?

That's Ultegra SL, previous generation Ultegra (6600) with some small weight savings.

I wouldn't be tempted by that really, nice frame, but do you need a pro level frame?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

dexty wrote: »
    always nice to get a bargain, this not bad, ;http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/pro-machine-slc01-2009-road-bike-ec020516

No you can see the gear cables showing in the picture quite clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

dexty wrote: »

The frameset alone was about that price last year. I think the new SLR01 is a bit of a different bike. Not sure it's any better. Worth digging to see what they've claimed to have improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Seatpost: Fulcrum Racing 3

Interesting seatpost on that BMC...

Advertisement