Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Smoker-Couch to 10k

Options
  • 22-07-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

smoke about 12 a day and 25 odd at weekends..i am trying to get fit again. so I have been jogging in the gym for about a month once or twice a week. last night i did 6 k in 32. I want to be able to do 10k in less than an hour. I will go back tomorrow and push it to 7 k with the same speed. I am not going to up the speed until i can do 10 k without stopping. I have worked it up from 4 k in 25 minutes a month ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You know what would really help?

Second-best thing is to follow a proper training plan, something like this. But its a distant second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I think ill change the Sunday to a Monday. but it looks great. thanks. obviously the people who follow that to the letter dont go boozing at weekends.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I think ill change the Sunday to a Monday. but it looks great. thanks. obviously the people who follow that to the letter dont go boozing at weekends.:pac:

They might do, but moderation is always good! No problem mixing up the days to suit your schedule, the important thing is to follow the general guide of the workouts...

Football for an hour on Monday evening the 26th.
    Wednesday the 27th Ran 6k in 34 minutes - 30 press ups 60 sit ups

25 k cycle in the phoenix park this morning.

• Advertisement

wednesday the 4th 25 k cycle in the park
    Thursday the 5th ran 7k on the threadmill 30 press ups

Wednesday the 12th Ran 7 k on the threadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Good luck with it. Ditching the fags would definitely help in attaining these goals, I'm not preaching though, you may manage to juggle both! Look at wayne rooney :pac:

Advertisement