Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ - MP3 storgae

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What do people use for storing MP3's in without slowing down laptop speed over time? Any recs. on what storage is best with Virtual DJ sofyware?

Used to use i-tunes but laptop too slow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Just get an external harddrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭oootini

then get a nice little dj bag for your hard drive.
    32267701_125.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

fully in lines with the 2 lads, and nothing to add - just wanted to say that this bag looks awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

hi or you can just get a ubs memory stick, some of the decks read the ubs sticks small and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

I just use a western digital external hdd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If you have so many mp3s they're slowing down your harddrive you could probably do with clearing out a load of the ****e too. Everyone has ****e on their computer they don't need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

The MP3's are not slowing down your harddrive or you're computer.

Most likely you've got a dose of spyware - from clicking on too many fancy lady websites.

What kind of Laptop do you have? If it's a Mac - you probably need to wipe the machine and start over. If it's a PC, it's probably spyware.

I cleaned some **** off my machine the other week - it's performance has been massively increased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

ya cant go wrong with the western digital hard drives, ya can get 1000 gb drives now for 80 snots

as quick as your downloading them throw them onto the external

if you only worried about your tunes then what i did recently was did a search on my machine for .mp3 files and threw them all onto the external, then wipe your machine and reinstall xp, windows 7, snow leopard if you're on a mac and when ya got a practically new machine again i'd go to the bother of trawling theu all the mp3s on the external and deleting any ****e tunes that have been taking up space.

if you're using windows then the re-install can be tricky so do what i did and pay the local independent computer shop about 20 snots to do it for ya.

Advertisement