Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labaret piercing

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting one of these but I'm not sure. Will it damage your teeth and if so is there a way of avoiding that? How much are they usually and wheres the best place to get it done? Also, does it do anything to like the skin around the piercing? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

not unless you bite it.Nipple bars. A proper piercing parlour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Will it damage your teeth and if so is there a way of avoiding that?

It could do minor damage but you could get a plastic bar put in to avoid that. That will be extra. Another way of avoiding that is getting a Vertical Labret done.
    How much are they usually and wheres the best place to get it done?

Around €45 give or take €5. Best place; Snakebite, Bodyshock and Wildcat. You have to be 16 or 17 to get it done.
    Also, does it do anything to like the skin around the piercing? :D

If you treat it properly there will only be a hole where the piercing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

I'm thinking of getting one of these but I'm not sure. Will it damage your teeth and if so is there a way of avoiding that? How much are they usually and wheres the best place to get it done? Also, does it do anything to like the skin around the piercing? :D

had a labaret done years ago and it started wearing away my gun on my bottom teeth. this doesnt happen to everyone and it was a very large piece of jewellry and i didnt have the plastic one

I took it out after a while and got a lip ring instead which i have had now for about 6 or 7 years and no problems (except i cant stop playing with it)

try it, any problems then remove it, simple as that
    Other peoples "horror" stories wont necessarily be your own..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i had a stud in and it wore my gums pretty badly,even when i switched to a plastic stud,endde up having to get a gum transplant because of,big regret getting it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

I've had mine going 3 years strong now. I love it. I got mine done in Galway (Irish Ink) and it never caused me problems. Funnily enough (and people might not believe this) but I left it out for 3 weeks there, and when I bought a new bar it just slid in.. my gums are fine, but I've really good dental hygiene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

i have mine done for about 5 years the only prob its done to my teeth is because i mess with it and noting noticable to my teeth or infact my dentest! took it out for about a year and just put it back in a couple of months ago! nice to take a break from it! it didnt close up tho maybe a little but i got the bar back trew with no pain just a little push! only thing is when you take it out eventually it does leave a small scar only tiny my sister had it done but has had it out for a good 6 years but she has a tiny pin sized scar where it used to be but you wouldnt even notice unless you where looking!!! :D
    but i love it i had the side of my lip done also but took that out it closed up much faster then the middle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Sorry guys, cancel my previous post. I'm a dummy; I've my tongue web pierced, not my labaret, and I don't know how I managed to get this confused as to post in this thread.

/fail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

i've had mine done for around 3 years now, constantly had it in and bar the once off swallowing accident ive never had any trouble! I've read of a few complaints and gum trouble but personally its never been a problem for me..i suppose it depends on the positioning of the piercing and individuals mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SqueakyBeast

What I found helps if the jewellery irritates your gums is orthodontic wax. It's literally just a little block of wax that you soften by rubbing between your fingers and stick onto the back of the piercing (or its original intended use - on braces!) and it makes it soft instead of hard/hurty.

Advertisement