Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin festival

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

This is a great line up one of the coolest venues in europe for a festival, its in the old abandoned Templehof airport hangar in Berlin

http://www.berlinfestival.de/

Nice to see two unsigned irish bands on the list as well
    Tickets only 65euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Pretty decent alright. Can't complain about the price either. If I had holiday time left at work I would be ordering tickets now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Great price. Might consider this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Bumping an old thread I know but we were at this year's event last weekend.
    Weather was pretty decent aside from some rain on the Friday in the middle of Sigur Ros, who were amazing. Whomadewho were also pretty good as were Daughter. Lineup isn't a patch on EP but at only €80, it's pretty darn decent. You'd probably pay that to see Sigur Ros alone in Ireland.
    There's a lot to be said for a festival on tarmac/concrete with no muck. They have dodgems and 5-a-side soccer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Only found out about this festival very late this year but definitely considering it next year.

So is it just 2 stages? Is it held pretty close to the city centre?

For that money I thought the line-up was great! If you are a big fan of one of the headliners then it makes the rest a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

There's one main stage out on the asphalt and then there's two other smaller stages inside hangars with a tiny stage near the shops and stuff.

It's at Tempelhof airport, which ceased operating in 2008 so it has great public transport links. It's an amazing building as well. You can smell the history of the place.

Downsides are the ban on bringing any food into the place and the suspiciously difficult-to-get-merry-on beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement