Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Fahey, what an embarrassment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Quite a few investigative journalists were looking at Frank "20 properties and 7 for herself" Fahey in around 2005 and 2006 when he was a junior minister for justice. The investigative journalists looked at his antics as minister for marine pre 2002 ...eg marinas in Kerry fishing quotas and deaths at sea etc , possibly even his antics in Rossport too.

Another investigative strand concerned his Russian hairdressing promotion during the 1990s while a senator.

Leaving aside the issue of how Frank and co acquired about another 13 properties by 2008 or so and where the money came from the really interesting bit was how Frank shut them all up with a stroke of genius in 2006 especially with an election coming up the following year .

He invented a 'republican plot' in Galway and as the guards were bound to thoroughly investigate an allegation made by a minister for justice investigate they did.

Sam Smyth told that story very well. You should read it.

Any idea who these investigative journalists you speak of are?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Colm Keena for one , some of his article (which is behind the times archive firewall) here

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76360

also

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2006/0613/1146660088152.html

Colm Keena for one , some of his article (which is behind the times archive firewall) here

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/76360

also

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2006/0613/1146660088152.html

Cheers SB

Those articles seem to be quite dated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Some time back, someone came to my door canvassing for him before an election, the reason why it was important to vote for him, i quote...........
    " All he needs is to get re-elected this time and his Dail pension will be secure"
    I told the twit at the door that we need people in power that actually cared and would work for the area, not someone who only wanted to be reelected just to secure an inflated pension, and to kindly **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I cringe every time I realise that Galway West elected this thing. :(

I cringe whenever i see other members getting in such as the likes of the PC brigade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone know when Frank changed his address? He used to live in Gort.
    According to his website, he now lives in Menlo. What route is the city bypass taking again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

snubbleste wrote: »
    According to his website, he now lives in Menlo. What route is the city bypass taking again?
    Frank recently had a forgetful moment or two about his property interests and this house in Menlo is not listed in his latest entry on the Dáil Register of Members interests although that may simply be because the family home need not be declared....only the rest of his property interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

PomBear wrote: »
    Posted this in another thread, think it'd be pretty apt to show what Galwegians think of him!
    005%282%29.JPG

You mean what OSF think of him.

Looked it up in the planning archives.
    There was a planning application for extension in May 2003 by Frank & Ethelle Fahey. So he has had that place in Menlo for over seven years.

I seem to remember clearly on the 2007 general election ballot paper, his address was Gort.

• Advertisement

galwayw07a.jpg?w=650&h=307

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

snubbleste wrote: »
    galwayw07a.jpg?w=650&h=307

Ah yes, Fianna Fail, the soldiers of destiny!

Crowe, a local publican who shows up to a protest about cuts his own party introduced.

O'Cuiv, grandad was famous, enough said there.

Fahey, teacher turned property empire mogul.

And last but not least, Bertie, a man who cant get a tax clearance cert from revenue, had a house mysteriously gifted to him, signed blank cheques for stuff he freely admitted knowing nothing as to there use and who won 10's of thousands of euro on a horse he cant remember.

Is it any wonder we are we're we are?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

skelliser wrote: »
    Ah yes, Fianna Fail, the soldiers of destiny!

Crowe, a local publican who shows up to a protest about cuts his own party introduced.

O'Cuiv, grandad was famous, enough said there.

Fahey, teacher turned property empire mogul.

And last but not least, Bertie, a man who cant get a tax clearance cert from revenue, had a house gifted to him, signeed blank cheques for stuff he freely admitted knowing nothing as to there use and who won 10's of thousands of euro on a horse he cant remember.

Is it any wonder we are we're we are?!!

The question has to be, what morons were voting for FF all of these years? They should be force to wear some kind of marker so we know who they are, perhaps a triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

skelliser wrote: »
    Crowe, a local publican

Thought the pub was Ollie's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

galwayrush wrote: »
    Some time back, someone came to my door canvassing for him before an election, the reason why it was important to vote for him, i quote...........
    " All he needs is to get re-elected this time and his Dail pension will be secure"
    I told the twit at the door that we need people in power that actually cared and would work for the area, not someone who only wanted to be reelected just to secure an inflated pension, and to kindly **** off.

well at least he was honest

Reckon Frank has moved to menlo to make him look more close to town and get some brownie points living next to the dreaded outer bypass. He knows he is in trouble with the crowes so any electioneering he can do he will.

Hopefully with both running with each other will dilute the FF vote and neither will get in!! and possibly a second Labour seat with Nolan taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    The question has to be, what morons were voting for FF all of these years? They should be force to wear some kind of marker so we know who they are, perhaps a triangle.
    They didn't vote for the party, they voted for the guy who fixed the pot holes and got the fence set up and got our Jimmy off the driving ticket, the oul single transferable vote in action there. Forty roofs Fahy has become something of a caricature at this stage alright, I'm still waiting for some young couple stuck in a one bed shoebox apartment bought on the strength of his advice to take him to book for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

while reading this thread, i think this could be a nice backround listen,
    to set the mood as you will,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The bypass has been postponed indefinately, so make sure that if Frank starts talking about it he is aware of the fact that his own party has effectively cancelled it.

Frank must do some great constituency work as his public image in Galway West is terrible. Anyone got any examples of what type of stuff he does?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Steyr wrote: »
    You mean what OSF think of him.

Well I don't think you'll find many in Galway who don't agree near half a million on the dole makes FF a failed government

PomBear wrote: »
    Well I don't think you'll find many in Galway who don't agree near half a million on the dole makes FF a failed government

so the question, which TDs should the people of Galway west return after the next election? Despite all the anger that's out there, I'm not confident that we'll really see much change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Despite the arty image of Galway City, Galway West is a very conservative constituency - 1 left wing TD out of 5, and we were one of only 2 constituencies in the country to return a PD at the last asking.

I guess it goes to prove the old adage, hippies don't vote.

Not necessarily, could be that hippies secretly defy being pigeon-holed and vote conservatively...

Despite the arty image of Galway City, Galway West is a very conservative constituency - 1 left wing TD out of 5, and we were one of only 2 constituencies in the country to return a PD at the last asking.

otherwise Ming the Merciless would have gotten elected. What is he at now? It would be good to see him make a comeback. Remeber how he embarrased Frank Fahey when he pointed out that Frank's apartment wasn't registered?

mike kelly wrote: »
    otherwise Ming the Merciless would have gotten elected. What is he at now? It would be good to see him make a comeback. Remeber how he embarrased Frank Fahey when he pointed out that Frank's apartment wasn't registered?

Fact of the day - Frank Fahey cannot be embarrassed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

mike kelly wrote: »
    He is now the mayor of Roscommon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

He is now the mayor of Roscommon
    And massively respected as a representative in that part of the world.

Robbo wrote: »
    And massively respected as a representative in that part of the world.

and what exactly has he done?

• Advertisement

Wonder will Derek Nolan run with Michael D?

Advertisement