Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property recession? someone should tell this guy..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

gleep wrote: »
    Lets all ring Billy, make appointments to view tomorrow, then drive by and pelt the fecker with balls of dog sh1te!

Let's not but say we did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bedsits were going for 500 to 700 a month in the dublin 2 and 4 areas.
    Mad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I can't see anything wrong with the place. It's compact, but look at it this way... you can have a poo & watch the TV at the same time. That's gotta be worth half the monthly rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

I can't see anything wrong with the place. It's compact, but look at it this way... you can have a poo & watch the TV at the same time. That's gotta be worth half the monthly rent.

And the car parking space is worth the other half - You can hop into your car every morning and speed away from the sh1thole as quickly as possible.

But you'd be pooing into the sink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Bedsits were going for 500 to 700 a month in the dublin 2 and 4 areas.
    Mad but true.

But that's not a bedsit, it's clearly an apartment. It's got walls. Clearly worth more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

It says it would suit a non smoker!

Wonder what evacuation procedures are in place in time of emergency?

It says it would suit a non smoker!

Wonder what evacuation procedures are in place in time of emergency?

'Climb out the window, then climb out the other window. If this is not possible, hammer through the makeshift fireplace wall and climb up the chimney'.

Non-smoker - Billy has some balls being so picky about his tenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

You will have a handy escape route through the hole where the hob/microwave/grill thingy was....it would obviously blow up the time it was switched on.

I wonder did billy step back from his masterpiece and think "i could get 500 lids a month for this, not bad old bill.... not bad at all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

At least the fireplace would make a nice little shelf in your room..

I love how the fine looking fireplace, which I would love to have in my place has been blocked off, and instead is that crappy electric fire.

The microwave/electric hob combo is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Joking aside, its mad to think he would easily have got that 2 years ago for what essentially is one larg-ish room with a partition and possibly a shared bathroom. The country was mad I tells you..............

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It looks like a half-way house for a serious sex offender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He'll get 500 for it

nm wrote: »
    He'll get 500 for it

Is that you Billy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

If you worked remotely from Roscommon
    www.daft.ie/2918072

450 a month 5 bed detached

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

ciagr297 wrote: »
    jaysus, is this for real? how depressed would you feel being in this space?
    Agreed, I'm depressed just looking at the pictures.

Sometimes the pics make me laugh at how depressing they are.
    Here's a pic from similar place: http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/yAqxyxIv07jKgYBSZXgtqv0mXpbtXx9ZYe-c7zRcEM1tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg
    I think the interior design really captures that sense of loneliness and isolation, but in a really thoughtless and sterile way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Agreed, I'm depressed just looking at the pictures.

Sometimes the pics make me laugh at how depressing they are.
    Here's a pic from similar place: http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/yAqxyxIv07jKgYBSZXgtqv0mXpbtXx9ZYe-c7zRcEM1tPWRhZnQmaD00NTA=.jpg
    I think the interior design really captures that sense of loneliness and isolation, but in a really thoughtless and sterile way.

I'd frame and hang that picture on my wall. It's brilliant. Who is this amazing photographer?

bonerm wrote: »
    I'd frame and hang that picture on my wall. It's brilliant. Who is this amazing photographer?
    Here's the listing for that one: http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=915210

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

If one thing comes out of this recession I hope to god its places like this that dissapear.

Slum lord doesnt cover it. I feel sorry for the non-nationals who often end up in places like these and get a shi*ty impression of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

His use of perspective and light is impressive & exciting.

Ah in fairness, at least it has a cooker and quite an interesting toilet seat. Where's the bed:confused:

someone should nominate that picture for the next Boards Photography charity book.

mojesius wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, at least it has a cooker and quite an interesting toilet seat. Where's the bed:confused:

Is a chair not good enough for you to sleep on?

Is a chair not good enough for you to sleep on?

I don't know, Maybe you'd make better use of the space by sleeping in a brace position in the gap between the sink and the cooker. Using the wire tray as a pillow.

bonerm wrote: »
    His use of perspective and light is impressive & exciting.
    I noticed some good use of leading lines and rule of thirds too.
    If you look at the picture of the chair again, all the leading lines make the crying-chair (as I've now dubbed it) the main focal point of the piece.
    The blown-out light outside thrusts upon us a sense of agoraphobia.
    It's a wonderfully subversive piece I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Wow a wardrobe with a bed in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tastic82

love this thread!

check out
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=637282

250 quid a week! maybe its a typo I dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'd prefer to sleep in my car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Tastic82 wrote: »
    love this thread!

check out
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=637282

250 quid a week! maybe its a typo I dunno...

Jesus thats alright, I dont even live in Dublin but would nearly rent it anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement