Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property recession? someone should tell this guy..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd prefer to sleep in my car

Buy an old transit for the €500 and stick a mattress in the back. Hey presto you now live 30 seconds from work. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Suitable for a non smoker, is that because there isn't enough room for an ashtray in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Just yesterday I was wondering why more people dont live in barges.
    I reckon they'd be pretty roomy, and you could move them around.
    And beside all else they'd be pretty f*cking cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tastic82 wrote: »
    love this thread!

check out
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=637282

250 quid a week! maybe its a typo I dunno...

twice the price of the others and 5 times bigger... Proportionally speaking... thiss guy should be charging more...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tastic82 wrote: »
    love this thread!

check out
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=637282

250 quid a week! maybe its a typo I dunno...

1k for adelaide road sounds right

• Advertisement

• Haha that actually made me laugh out loud. That's the weirdest room I've ever seen, what's with the wall around the 'bedroom'? Loving the 2 ring 'cooker' on top of the microwave as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

€500 per month (anti depressants included in price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

The bogus bedroom reminds me of an X-ray theatre.

He closes the door, lies on the bed while others observe through the window and zap him. :pac:

Or you get out of bed on a saturday morning and look out the window to see what kind of a day it is and what do you see? A microwave and a skid-row bum armchair. :pac:

[slit wrists]

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

I actually rented this place last week!! i dont know why it is still up on daft, i'll have to ring the landlord to take it down. I appreciate if you all did'nt make little of my place! it's a pretty cool pad when you see it in real life, the photos dont do it justice, and it serves my needs very well as it close to where i work!!
    So think before you post in future, its someones life your slagging off !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Just yesterday I was wondering why more people dont live in barges.
    I reckon they'd be pretty roomy, and you could move them around.
    And beside all else they'd be pretty f*cking cool

i knew some boat people in britland that spent the sumer there and sailed to malta when it got cold in the winter. plus the airtricity guys couldn't bug them there.
    i wonder what was going through billy's head when he found a perfectly decent room in a house and thought 'how can i fcuk this up completely?'

• Advertisement

Paulyh wrote: »
    I actually rented this place last week!! i dont know why it is still up on daft, i'll have to ring the landlord to take it down. I appreciate if you all did'nt make little of my place! it's a pretty cool pad when you see it in real life, the photos dont do it justice, and it serves my needs very well as it close to where i work!!

lol, silly life :D

lol, silly life :D

i'll take a another photo or two of the place, its not that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why on earth did you rent that hole, when you could have had this place for the same amount:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=917567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

looking forward to the pictures. I emailed billy earlier for the troll to see if he'd take 420 for the room. Hasn't emailed me back yet, now we know why!

[quote=[Deleted User];67059388]Haha that actually made me laugh out loud. That's the weirdest room I've ever seen, what's with the wall around the 'bedroom'? Loving the 2 ring 'cooker' on top of the microwave as well.[/QUOTE]

In fairness that's just a mini electric hob and oven, not exactly fancy but not a million miles from a regular electric oven. Not that I'd want one as my primary cooking implement mind.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

syklops wrote: »
    Why on earth did you rent that hole, when you could have had this place for the same amount:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=917567

i think i viewed that place on the same day, and its not great. Nowhere near a cool as the sweet place i got

looking forward to the pictures. I emailed billy earlier for the troll to see if he'd take 420 for the room. Hasn't emailed me back yet, now we know why!

Ok, so heres 2 photos just taken. Now theres a nice bit of sun coming in the window so it looks much brighter!! ;)

• In fairness that's just a mini electric hob and oven, not exactly fancy but not a million miles from a regular electric oven. Not that I'd want one as my primary cooking implement mind.

I think it just looks hilarious with the 2 ring thing plonked on top of the mini oven/microwave, like it's trying to be a cooker and failing miserably. I'd snap if I had to cook on that every day.

Ok, so heres 2 photos just taken. Now theres a nice bit of sun coming in the window so it looks much brighter!! ;)

It does look better in that light in fairness but think I'd still prefer a house share in a semi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No, it's a room we're slagging off...

(lol @ 2nd pics)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

[quote=[Deleted User];67060193]I think it just looks hilarious with the 2 ring thing plonked on top of the mini oven/microwave, like it's trying to be a cooker and failing miserably. I'd snap if I had to cook on that every day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah agreed, it seems fine as a back up or something you might have in your room like a mini fridge (if you were bothered) but not the main cooker.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Ah, I see, the pictures up on daft were of the garden shed, this is what you're actually getting for your money

http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/dZJGxxUVLEhGv7sd3kgLQWsHooHvkOQZcslutUTthf1tPWRhZnQmbD02MDA=.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Paulyh when are ye gettin that kitten? Cos a cat definitely isnt gettin swung in that place....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

/facepalm.
    You can see the daft logo in both pics.
    Trolling fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Drooooool....i want that kitchen so bad :o

/facepalm.
    You can see the daft logo in both pics.
    Trolling fail.

Ah No!!! I cant do it, i didnt think this through at all and got way over my head :o

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

I emailed him there thanking him for the laugh. I think we all should:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

anniehoo wrote: »
    Paulyh when are ye gettin that kitten? Cos a cat definitely isnt gettin swung in that place....

But you could swing that place in a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I wonder if its Bill Cullen?
    He could have hired the same person who constructed his girlfriends face to redo the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

or: Location, Location, Location....

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=878171&search=1

500 euro a month for somesones converted front room!

My particular favourites are the wall in the middle of the fireplace and the window in the "bedroom".

But hey, it's situated in Rathgar! Sign me up!

Good post. That guy/girl is a first-rate arsehole and should be taken the piss out of and, preferably, have their real-life name publicised. There are plenty more of them, including all the people who write for the property supplements of The Irish Times and the Irish Independent. You know, those individuals who write about the €500k one-bed apartment which has, mercifully, its "own door".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement