Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property recession? someone should tell this guy..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Are there no building standards to dictate what constitutes a "bedroom"? How about fire regulations?

I mean just building a bed sized cement cube with a door hardly makes a "bedroom" does it?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

ah wouldnt surprise me half of ireland over prices itself in the housing market, tourisim, food, drink, ect ect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I mean just building a bed sized cement cube with a door hardly makes a "bedroom" does it?

:confused:

Cement?! Jaysus, well aren't you la-di-dah. I suppose next you'll be expecting me to replace this papier mache door?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Is it just my dirty mind or is the girl in the second pic em..not fully dressed?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=924954

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Is it just my dirty mind or is the girl in the second pic em..not fully dressed?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=924954
    dirty mind, in the 3rd pic, looks like white tshirt, black bottoms, but it doesn't look like that in the 2nd pic.

It's ok, my minds as dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Krieg wrote: »

Replace the twin beds with a double bed and it looks like something from a brothel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

This one isn't as bad

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=913040

but it makes me want to have a loop the loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

mojesius wrote: »
    This one isn't as bad

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=913040

but it makes me want to have a loop the loop

fúcking hell!!

I'm depressed looking at them.

I love the "References required: employer, landlord & bank." for that shít hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

When I lived in Dublin I rented a room like in the OP but minus the weird fake wall...but yeah, it had the double burner/oven combo, boarded-up fireplace, the shared hall bathroom, the works (and a single, not double bed!). But I liked it because the only thing worse that having to cook on a mini contraption is having to cook in a kitchen where slovenly roommates leave empty beer cans, burnt toast, and chicken bones scattered all over the place from their 4am mid-week binging. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Love this thread..about time these poxy leeches were exposed for the gouging traders in misery that they are.

No reply to any of my 'enquiries' though..Billy must be snowed under with prospective tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Lets make this landlord famous and put the link in our facebook profiles. 100000+ internets of this makes the newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

guys jeeezeee dont you the Recession is over duhhhh :rolleyes: dont you read the evening herald

daithimac wrote: »
    Lets make this landlord famous and put the link in our facebook profiles. 100000+ internets of this makes the newspapers

Or we could all just text him hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I sent him a picture of my arse and said "that's what you are"

his reply will decide his fate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Class thread. Gotta expose this ****. Mad Stuff. What kind of Squaller are people putting up with. its like the rare aul times or Strumpet City
    046913_25.jpg

expecting Rashers Tierney to drop dead in the fireplace!
    Sick stuff that people in Dublin have to put up with. Had a friend from Dublin down recently. He cried in despair when i told i was paying €500 a month for 4 bedrooms.

cursai wrote: »
    Class thread. Gotta expose this ****. Mad Stuff. What kind of Squaller are people putting up with. its like the rare aul times or Strumpet City
    046913_25.jpg

expecting Rashers Tierney to drop dead in the fireplace!
    Sick stuff that people in Dublin have to put up with. Had a friend from Dublin down recently. He cried in despair when i told i was paying €500 a month for 4 bedrooms.

It also (partly) explains why so many ghost estates got started!
    They should have built them in Dublin then there would be no need for that crap! (€500pm bedsits)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozil

If anyone is unfortunate enough to even consider living in that place, I'd offer them the spare room in my house free of charge for a few months to get back on their feet. Good god almighty that bedroom is like a coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I <3 this thread. the crying chair is the most beautiful picture i've ever seen. I shall put it on my new free mouspad.

I lived in dumps like that in the 90's

btw, there isn't a shared bathroom, look in pic 5, you can see the door into what i assume is the wetroom/bathroom. makes sense given the orientation of the sink for waste water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Joking aside, its mad to think he would easily have got that 2 years ago for what essentially is one larg-ish room with a partition and possibly a shared bathroom. The country was mad I tells you..............

6 years ago at the height of the property shortage I was looking for a place in Dublin, in that area. Some of the flee-bitten holes that i looked at for 700-900 was shocking, and even worse was the number of times I would ring up a few hours after viewing it to say I would not be taking it, to be told "Well its already been taken".

After a few weeks of looking I noticed a number of properties that had been up on daft for a number of weeks, and I soon learnt, that if the ad was up more than a week, dont bother going and seeing it, because if it was semi-decent in any way, it would not have been on daft for a week, someone would have taken it.

I remember, I saw a basement where I would walk into the hall of a Dublin family home, and go down a stairs underneath the stairs into the Basement, which they had turned into a bedsit. I felt like Harry Potter having a bedroom under the stairs. I did actually ask them if my address would be The Cupboard under the stairs, No 24 Fallulah Street, Rathgar. The bedsit had no windows or other source of natural light. The two things that did it for me was they wanted 700 a month for it, AND, as I had to go via their main hall to get to the cupboard, they said they would want me in by 12 every night because they locked the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The strangest thing about this thread is that this studio/bedsit would have achieved the price and more 2 years ago with ease, and many as grim as it.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The strangest thing about this thread is that this studio/bedsit would have achieved the price and more 2 years ago with ease, and many as grim as it.

Thats the scary thing. Thats why everything is so expensive in Ireland. The first law of Economics: Something is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it. And unfortunately, there are lots of people who are willing to part with large sums of money for holes like that. As a result of people paying 500 a month for dives like that, people with 'nicer' places say to themselves, "Well if Billy can get 500 a month for the worst flat in history, then I should be able to get 700 a month for my flat which was runner up in the worst places to live competition". Then someone with a genuinely decent place to let thinks he/she will get a grand for their small 1 bedroom flat in Drimnagh or Crumlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I refuse to believe that adds for real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Loving this thread! :D

In the "crying chair" ad, I love the way they feel the need to specify that it's "only suitable for one person." You don't say ...

Loving this thread! :D

In the "crying chair" ad, I love the way they feel the need to specify that it's "only suitable for one person." You don't say ...

There's probably a clause on the lease saying "no parties or pets"..yeah,coz you'd be able to cram a veritable menagerie of animals in there and party hearty with hundreds of people,keeping the neighbours in the adjoining linen cupboard awake.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Bedsits were going for 500 to 700 a month in the dublin 2 and 4 areas.
    Mad but true.

I remember my friend rented a bedsit in D4 for about 350 a few years ago. It was grand, though it got very cold in winter. My only problem with it though was, if you wanted to use the shower or toilet, you had to go out the front door of the flat(and bring your key because it looked itself), and go up a flight of stairs to where the bathroom was. It wasn't a shared bathroom, it was his and was"attached" to the flat. He just had to leave the flat to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

did anyone who contacted him get a response? :D:D

Has anyone arranged a viewing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

€500 a month for a box, Anyone else thinking this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement