Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property recession? someone should tell this guy..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

lads i got an email back from billy this minute, he wants to arrange a time to meet to view the 'apartment'!!!! anyone fancy it for the troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

genericguy wrote: »
    lads i got an email back from billy this minute, he wants to arrange a time to meet to view the 'apartment'!!!! anyone fancy it for the troll?

Ask him if he'll allow you to sublet the bedroom.

think i have some volunteering to do this evening, but i'd love to go for the laugh. the subletting is a great idea though, i reckon that bedroom should be worth somewhere in the region of e0 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tell him you and your wife and 2 kids have been looking for something cheap and cheerful in the area for ages and you are so happy to find this place. Why, its 3 times the size of your last flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

At least you got a reply, I mailed Billy Whizz asking him could the 'bedroom' support the weight of 2 bunk beds on-top.

No reply as yet.

• Advertisement

At least you got a reply, I mailed Billy Whizz asking him could the 'bedroom' support the weight of 2 bunk beds on-top.

No reply as yet.

billy the whizz hahaha, love it.

this really is pure irish chancery at it's worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

i reckon that bedroom should be worth somewhere in the region of e0 per month.

I'd say you could get at least twice that.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I have never laughed so much in a long time!

Lads is that legal?

Suit non smoker....... too f*&king right! wahahahahahahaha

Ask him does he take pets, and are the bins included??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

It would suit a non smoker as the windows probably don't open.

BTW I'm so proud of this thread, the responses to it are priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It would suit a non smoker as the windows probably don't open.

BTW I'm so proud of this thread, the responses to it are priceless.

The reason it suits a non smoker is because if you put on some deodorant, and then spark one up, you run the risk of blowing up the 'apartment' as there is not enough air in the 'property' to dilute the flammable gases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

im looking for a place near iadt, and most of the "studio" bedsit places are over 500 euro a month , i was looking at the shared place and even those are over 500 euro a month per person for a bedroom :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Lone Stone wrote: »
    im looking for a place near iadt, and most of the "studio" bedsit places are over 500 euro a month , i was looking at the shared place and even those are over 500 euro a month per person for a bedroom :eek:

Yeh same here, its some f*cked up **** isn't it? places like athlone where some friends of mine are staying they're living in beautifully furnished 1 bedroom apartments for the same price. whereas here they're just chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

The 2nd one is unreal!

The 3rd one is way nicer than the OP (still a hell-hole though, but compared to the OP it's like a palace) - It'd nearly be worth paying the train fares up and back to Dublin every day - you'd still be paying out less, and have a (slightly) better gaff than the one in the OP.

72 quid a month? That can't be right. Must be per week. You would get parking spot for 72 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

72 quid a month? That can't be right. Must be per week. You would get parking spot for 72 pm.

72 euro per month for a parking space?
    Pfft!
    The smart and savvy among us got one for 45K

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055860687

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Jesus during the "boom time" this Speculating tramp landlords
    would have being beating off the customers with a stick.

Scumbags should be made live in these soul destroying hell holes.

I always find it funny that were a nation that couldn't wait to throw out the English Landlords and get our land back, what do we do then.

Ride our own up the hole for all their worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Hearvee wrote: »
    Came accross this one today (before I found this thread!)

www.daft.ie/2878187

Remember it's a "self-contained unit", not a glorified shed with a foldaway bed...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954778&highlight=lucan

That's been up for a while now, shocked no-one has taken it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

LittleBook wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954778&highlight=lucan

That's been up for a while now, shocked no-one has taken it :)

Again, using the wonderful propertybee plugin for firefox I can see that this Irish Donald Trump upon not having rented it for a month at €699 decided to raise the price to €799 in May.

This guy really is a canny one.

Sergeant wrote: »
    That type of kip is still very common around Ranelagh and Rathmines. When I was a student, my local supplier of herbal relaxation products used to live in one of these places. Awful.

The Government announced they were going to ban these places, seems to been put on the long finger.

Ban on bedsits

The very long finger. Only last year, The Shoebox King was advertising hotel rooms in Tallaght as studio apartments on Daft.

Sex & The City Living Hits The Suburbs

There were objections lodged to SDCC regarding change of use and such, don't know what happened in the end but I believe it's still going on, the former ads are now listed as "Let" anyway. He'd no problem changing the Augustine residential development into an apartment hotel anyway.

• Well at least it has a convenient phonebox at the front. :D

http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/diGzRO0BR_X6LWYISCmpkiQOqXJ57F4386ZwpOQPPxptPWRhZnQmZT00MDB4MzAw.jpg

This thread is Gold

Oh God, that's priceless. The state of it. I'd say 1987 is even being generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

The original link posted by the OP is no longer on Daft as it has been "let"

jebus, its both funny and tragic at the same time:eek::D

ciagr297 wrote: »
    The original link posted by the OP is no longer on Daft as it has been "let"

jebus, its both funny and tragic at the same time:eek::D

i doubt it has been actually, i got a mail despite the fact that it had 'been let' and was gonna go view it but have been too busy since. raging though, would have been fun to go annoy oul billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

i doubt it has been actually, i got a mail despite the fact that it had 'been let' and was gonna go view it but have been too busy since. raging though, would have been fun to go annoy oul billy.
    awww, its a pity you didn't go...i bet it would have been some sight

you think it was just removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭George Orwell 1982

Originally Posted by tommywiseau viewpost.gif
    sticking on the washing machine before bed wouldn't be the best idea in this 360e a month beauty.. http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=916005

There isn't a rollies big enough...

"A well finished bright studio. This unit has been recently remodelled, and comes with new kitchen and shower. It has its own gasfired central heating. The apartment has wooden floors and modern furniture. In total the studio comprises of a bedroom/living/kitchen with new kitchen units, and shower room with WC and power shower"

He just stuck a bed in the kitchen FFS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

LittleBook wrote: »
    The very long finger. Only last year, The Shoebox King was advertising hotel rooms in Tallaght as studio apartments on Daft.

Sex & The City Living Hits The Suburbs

There were objections lodged to SDCC regarding change of use and such, don't know what happened in the end but I believe it's still going on, the former ads are now listed as "Let" anyway. He'd no problem changing the Augustine residential development into an apartment hotel anyway.
    my friend used to live there and he got a job in a pizza restraunt (i can never spell that right) so he could feed himself

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

In their own words - "there is no other studio apartment like this one."
    For €575 a month I should hope so...

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=920797

mashling wrote: »

Its a basement flat!!! 575 a month.

By the way when are rents going to collapse? I can't understand how rents are still so high.

mashling wrote: »

And when the fúck did Ranelagh up and move to the "City Centre"? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

No reply as yet.

I asked him if he would consider reducing the price somewhat cause its a about 50 over my budget and he hasn't replied, he's very picky!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement