Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set up Residents Committee??

• 22-07-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope ye can help me out here, basically our management company is in trouble due to the developer gone into liquidation and owning thousands.

Recently signs went up around the development regarding clamping being introduced, i called the managing agent today to enquire when this would commence but was told the directors of the management company are against bringing in clamping.

Clamping is needed in the development badly and i'm thinking of trying to set up a residents committee to challange the directors on this matter and to pursue further development matters i.e grass cutting, cleaning, lift maintenance to name but a few.

I'm hoping someone on boards can help me out with this as i've no idea where to even start but i do feel other owner-occupiers would be all for the introduction of clamping as it's a major issue within the development.

Can anyone give me a helping hand regarding this, i'd really appreciate it :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Its not hard really, just get all the residents (or as many as you can get interested) to turn up at a set time, tell them what you want to do, ask if there's anything they'd like to see happen, and ask for volunteers to help set up.
    You need a chair, secretary and treasurer, and deputies for these incase of emergency.
    Most local councils will give advice as to how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

mymo wrote: »
    Its not hard really, just get all the residents (or as many as you can get interested) to turn up at a set time, tell them what you want to do, ask if there's anything they'd like to see happen, and ask for volunteers to help set up.
    You need a chair, secretary and treasurer, and deputies for these incase of emergency.
    Most local councils will give advice as to how to proceed.

Thanks a mill for the reply, i'm thinking of putting up a few notices about the place with maybe an email address to see if anyone's interested. most of our services are ceased due to non payment, i think we barely have enough to cover insurance. it's very frustrating when you pay over €1500 per year and see nothing for that money, cleaning has stopped, lift maintenance, grass cutting - the place looks like a jungle!

i guess the hardest thing we be trying to get people to commit to it, any idea how many people i'd need to form committee?

thanks again for the reply ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I started ours with notices and an email address but I only got one response that way. I had to wait until the next AGM to get it going properly. If you are an owner, you could call an EGM. Have a read of the memorandum and articles of incorporation (you can get them from CRO if you don't have a copy with your lease). This will detail if a specific number is required for a quorum, etc. It's probably worthwhile having a read of Robert Gogan's book (essential guide to apartment living in Ireland).

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement