Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend parking in Athlone for Marina

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am driving to Athlone tomorrow to get there for about 5/6pm. I am meeting some friends on a boat at the marina that is coming up from Banagher.

I'd like to leave my car near the Marina from 6pm Friday until Sunday afternoon. What is my best option for this? I don't mind walking a bit and/or paying a small amount.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

There is paid parking in the Radisson which fronts onto the marina. Not sure what it'd cost for the whole weekend though. Their number is 090 6442600.

On-street parking in the area is paid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

You could park in Dunnes carpark near the Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Bessa wrote: »
    You could park in Dunnes carpark near the Radisson.

No dont do that they are clamping there now, seen a car with one on the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Clamping at Dunnes Montree?

Leaving that aside, I wouldn't like to leave my car there for two nights running.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

whyulittle wrote: »
    Clamping at Dunnes Montree?

If its on boards sure it must be true!! I actually did see a car clamped there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

I'm too late for this thread now! But the Athlone Town Centre all day parking on level B for 3 euros. I preume you can leave overnight and pay 3 euro per day

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hi all,

I parked in the railway station car park. Only €2 per day and about 5-10 mins walk to marina.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bizzylady

Could anyone tell me about their experience of docking at the Marina in Athlone?

Advertisement