Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids things to do

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All
    A friend of mine and his 2 kids are comming to stay next week(race week),as I've no kids myself I was wondering what would be good activities,they are boys aged 6 and 9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

cedar wrote: »
    Hi All
    A friend of mine and his 2 kids are comming to stay next week(race week),as I've no kids myself I was wondering what would be good activities,they are boys aged 6 and 9.

Theres heaps of stuff you could do - leisureland is good fun (ridiculously expensive), if the weathers good theres the beach, 6 and 9 is still young enough to have fun at the park/playground - the one in Oranmore is great. Bowling, cinema, city limits in Oranmore has activities like laser guns and climbing wall and there is something similar in Knocknacarra.
    If they are anything like my boys they'll be just as happy plugged into their nintendos!
    Are they staying with you for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Aquarium in Salthill is supposed to be great for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Busy Bees outside Oranmore
    Turoe Pet Farm near Loughrea is a petting zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cedar

OP here,thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Playground in Doughiska is fantastic for kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

+1 for the Galway Atlantiquaria

You could get some wetsuits on them and bring them out to the Diving Boards.....My young ones love it out there and costs nowt:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Playground in Doughiska is fantastic for kids
    +1
    have them out here and wear them down until the can't move... A quiet evening for ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

See what you can find on mykidstime.ie

Check out if they've ever caught a bus or train. (You'd be amazed how many kids haven't.) A trip to Athenry on the train could be major adventure if not.

(Ok,the 9 yo might not think be so thrilled with it, but it'd work on the 6yo.)

Advertisement