Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats My 3Gs Worth

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Just wondering what people reckon my 3gs is worth. Its 16Gb Black, Factory unlocked, under warenty until 17th Nov which can be extended for a further 2 years for 70 euros.

I got my email from Apple Belfast this morn and theres a new iphone 4 waiting for me. So was just curious what people think my phone would sell for, cosmetically its in very good condition, a few marks nothing obvious, has been in a hard shell case since day one and the only marks on the back are from taking it in and out of that ? ? ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

€260?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just wondering what people reckon my 3gs is worth. Its 16Gb Black, Factory unlocked, under warenty until 17th Nov which can be extended for a further 2 years for 70 euros.

I got my email from Apple Belfast this morn and theres a new iphone 4 waiting for me. So was just curious what people think my phone would sell for, cosmetically its in very good condition, a few marks nothing obvious, has been in a hard shell case since day one and the only marks on the back are from taking it in and out of that ? ? ?

If thats AppleCare you're quoting, it will extend it by one year, not 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgiemcgrane

whiterebel wrote: »
    If thats AppleCare you're quoting, it will extend it by one year, not 2.

My mistake ! - Yea one year (still pretty good value I guess)

pah wrote: »
    €260?

Really ? ?? - A little less than I thought - but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

try puttin it on sale for 350 and market will dictate what you get for it - adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Really ? ?? - A little less than I thought - but thanks.

Well you asked how much it was worth. Not how much you could get for it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

pah wrote: »
    Well you asked how much it was worth. Not how much you could get for it. :P

how much it's worth = how much you could get for it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

Just paid €320 for one about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

would be worth fúckall....if you're lucky you might get a tenner for it...

tell you what..I'm in a good mood as the weekend is approaching..I'll give you €15 for it ;)

keane2097 wrote: »
    how much it's worth = how much you could get for it

Helpful - Thanks !

How much its worth = (how much you get + what you didnt get for the sake of less hassle) :)

• Advertisement

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    would be worth fúckall....if you're lucky you might get a tenner for it...

tell you what..I'm in a good mood as the weekend is approaching..I'll give you €15 for it ;)

You got a deal scarecrow, how about I pay your bill for 12 months as well - just to sweeten the deal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

I would think you should also ask €350.

jamesd wrote: »
    I would think you should also ask €350.

Cheers James - appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Helpful - Thanks !

How much its worth = (how much you get + what you didnt get for the sake of less hassle) :)

Lol - that's a very valid addition...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i sold my 16 gig 3gs factory unlocked with blobs saved on sauriks server for 300 on adverts yesterday,
    would of taken 275 if collected, but sold via post, so by the time paypal took their 10.50E cut and registered post cost, got 275 for myself,
    a fair price for a second hand unit
    they will be worth less when iphone 4 is offically released i'd say, thats why i got rid of mine now,
    roll on iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I hope to sell my 16 gig 2g for around 150 and put it towards the 4.

BOBBY wrote: »
    i sold my 16 gig 3gs factory unlocked with blobs saved on sauriks server for 300 on adverts yesterday,
    would of taken 275 if collected, but sold via post, so by the time paypal took their 10.50E cut and registered post cost, got 275 for myself,
    a fair price for a second hand unit
    they will be worth less when iphone 4 is offically released i'd say, thats why i got rid of mine now,
    roll on iphone 4

I could live with 300.

Advertisement