Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check Timetable for september...

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Yo,
    I think I may already know the answer, but is there a way of checking september's timetable now? Say if I go into SIS and check my weekly calender, the classes I had this year (2009-10) are still there. I know I haven't registered or anything yet for this year's classes but is there like a stock timetable of your core modules or anything for next year (2010-11)? I want to know so I don't get stuck with any horrible electives like I did for the last two years. Or do I really just have to wait 'til registration and cyber-leggit into the easiest sounding electives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

No. You will have to wait until August.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i wanted to know when does the 2nd semester finish on may or june?
    i was confused when looking at the calendar,it says research period/summer term after exam process 16 -27 may so does it mean that 2 semester finishes and then research period starts and then exams until 26 august so no summer holidays ~

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

No the end of semester 2 is the 22nd of April then one week for study. Then 11 days of exams. The latest exam you could have is the 14th of May. If you're an undergrad anyway.

soo we finish college in june or july?

Haha, no:
    aidoh wrote: »
    the end of semester 2 is the 22nd of April then one week for study. Then 11 days of exams. The latest exam you could have is the 14th of May.

Here, have a look at this. I'm probably not explaining it properly at all:

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates_2010-11.pdf

No matter when your last exam is, if you're an undergraduate you'll be finished halfway through May.

• Advertisement

Actually, this can be done:

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/W_WEB_GENERAL_TT.P_TIMETABLE_MENU

There you go, anyone who's interested. Its good to know but it only shows Core modules. And not even all of them! So it's pretty useless if you're trying to keep a day free or something like that 'cos it won't show options. For me, anyway. Have a look at your own programme and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SupaReckless

Is there any way to tell when reading week will be in semester one?? If say, trying to plan a trip halfway through the term? or because the start was pushed forward for the neebies did we lose reading week?

aidoh wrote: »

3rd column down. Reading week is the 4th of December 'til the 10th of December.

whats reading week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

ayumi wrote: »
    whats reading week?

The real name of reading week is "not going to college at all and pretending to catch up on study at home week".:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

You can check the times your modules are offered now. go to the website and go to ...

Current students > Course search > etc (for whatever module you want)

then click on 'when is this module offered'.

Times are subject to change though.

Yeah I saw that too. I hope my ones do change or I'll be stuck with some absolutely ****e electives.

Advertisement