Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judge Dredd Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yep. Was looking that up just after I posted. :) Haven't been to that one but I hear great things about it. Now is as good a time as any to go check the cinema out.
    From experience, its an awesome cinema, shows the others up.

Looking forward to seeing Dredd on the big screens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

kiddums wrote: »
    From experience, its an awesome cinema, shows the others up.

Looking forward to seeing Dredd on the big screens there.

What's screen 5 like? Looks like I'd be going to the 7:00 show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

What's screen 5 like? Looks like I'd be going to the 7:00 show
    They're all good screens, no real difference in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

This will seriously effect its box office in cork anyway , as omniplex is the most popular by a good amount.

Is there a reason they're not really pushing it? I know they have ads, but I mean when the latest Adam Sandler movie gets better treatment than this, then it's not good. Is it because it's an 18 rated movie with a character people may know from the Stallone movie?

• Advertisement

Is there a reason they're not really pushing it? I know they have ads, but I mean when the latest Adam Sandler movie gets better treatment than this, then it's not good. Is it because it's an 18 rated movie with a character people may know from the Stallone movie?
    This has been discussed on boards before and i emailed them (omiplex) about it a few years back the response was basically saying disagreement with distributors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's listed for Letterkenny cinema here. Unfortunately they're only showing the 3D version, and it's not even in one of the biggest screens.
    The 2 big screens are showing Lawless and That's My Boy. Think I need a new cinema

It's shot in 3D & not one of those horrible post production jobs.The word from reviews is that the 3D works really well in this movie.

Looks like Wexford aren't showing it but Movies @ Gorey are.Same distance of a drive for me plus I haven't been to the cinema in Gorey yet so I'll head there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have Friday off and was going to take a couple hours out to catch this in the early afternoon; not exactly thrilled at the prospect of seeing it in 3D, they really are forcing punters hands at this stage. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

sweet motion-comic prequel
    On the 3D issue: I'm not normally crazy about the format but I'd recommend putting the goggles on for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Yea, the 3d is pretty spectacular in this movie

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    It's shot in 3D & not one of those horrible post production jobs.

It's a bit of both actually. If the post production is so horrible you should have no problem telling which shots are which :rolleyes:

Clash of the Titans put me off live action 3D movies. Don't think I saw one since

Clash of the Titans put me off live action 3D movies. Don't think I saw one since
    That wasnt a 3d movie , shame on you for saying that :D
    I only consider a 3d movie one which was shot with the proper equipment , or where they put a hell of a lot of time and effort into it and didnt just tack it on at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I refuse to watch any film in 3D hate it, cant wait for it to die out and I think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Only one 2D showing in Cineworld, at 18:30. Might go to see this one in 3D, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lack of 2D in my local cinema is pissing me off too.

wanted to go with the bro as it was him that got me into 2000ad back in the day but thanks to his gammy eye all he'll see is a blurry mess now.

i really can take or leave 3D but the lack of an option is bloody infuriating.

lack of 2D in my local cinema is pissing me off too.

wanted to go with the bro as it was him that got me into 2000ad back in the day but thanks to his gammy eye all he'll see is a blurry mess now.

i really can take or leave 3D but the lack of an option is bloody infuriating.

http://lifehacker.com/5757835/diy-2d-glasses-help-you-avoid-the-pain-of-3d-movies

That's just it. The lack of an option is what bugs me more. I suppose a possible reason is they don't think it'll do well enough to warrant taking up 2 screens and since it's being marketed as Dredd 3D, they decided to show it in 3D

Omniplex are listing it now: in Limerick anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Thank Grud it's coming to Monaghan in 2D. I was worried there for a while our local cinema makes a habit of missing out films I want to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Me young lad is 13, what are my chances of getting him in with me?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ebbsy wrote: »
    Me young lad is 13, what are my chances of getting him in with me?????

No chance ebbsy, It's rated 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Faith+1 wrote: »
    No chance ebbsy, It's rated 18.

I've taken my 14 year old nephew to 18's films plenty of times.

I can't see why ebbsy and his son would have any trouble getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Depends on the cinema, but technically its illegal for them to let in someone underage.

Omniplex are listing it now: in Limerick anyway.
    Ah you got my hopes up no change in cork omniplex. will keep an eye on it though

Rats: sorry to get the hopes up. On the possibilty of gettin' the young lad in, I'll just say that Dredd is genuinely violent in parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I thought they were all gone with and everything had pg infront of it so the parent could decide. IE pg18 so he could get in if hes with you but not on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ryoishin wrote: »
    I thought they were all gone with and everything had pg infront of it so the parent could decide. IE pg18 so he could get in if hes with you but not on his own.

That only applies to movies rated upto 15A. 16 & 18 is older teens and adult respectively.

23 reviews up on Rotten Tomatoes and every single one of them positive:

296640_4336243651543_1145811338_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

23 reviews up on Rotten Tomatoes and every single one of them positive:

296640_4336243651543_1145811338_n.jpg

Just watched the new trailer. Was left with a distinct impression of The Raid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6f_kfp1Z8

Advertisement