Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judge Dredd Movie

Options

Comments

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Heard on the radio that the film makers are a bit worried as the plot is very similar to The Raid!

Sure it wasn't Gareth Evan's discussing the Raid. Here's what he said about the Raid in an interview with denofgeek awhile back.
    denofgeek: Are you aware that the new Judge Dredd film has basically the same plot as The Raid?

Gareth Evans: Yes. It was weird, because, while we were in post on The Raid, I was telling a friend what the story was about – a bunch of guys storming a building. And he said, that’s like the new Judge Dredd movie. And I said, “What?”

He sent me a link that explained the story, and I said, “Oh God, we have to get this released very, very soon.” [Laughs]

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

It's as similar a premise as 'battle royale' is to 'the hunger games': and also just as different a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

GODDAMIT! WHERE'S THE TRAILER? :mad:

I'm getting angry now.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I'm looking forward to this, and I hope it's good enough to warrant a sequel (or two!).

But here's a question I'm surprised hasn't been asked: who could play Judge Joyce? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh, now that it's pointed out it is quite inescapable; the two films do share a generally similar plot there's no denying it. I'm going to go ahead and presume that the lack of a trailer is partly because of The Raid's current traction with the public.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sure it wasn't Gareth Evan's discussing the Raid. Here's what he said about the Raid in an interview with denofgeek awhile back.

It was just mentioned when they were reviewing the raid on the last word.

dredd_2_20120606_1394909100.jpg?1339019905

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

90 million 20 years ago, in fairness.

And it was still rubbish.

Degsy wrote: »
    And it was still rubbish.
    Expensive rubbish.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

First poster

First%20Official%20Judge%20Dredd%20poster%20Lionsgate.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

The helmet looks too big for his head. They should have made it a bit smaller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good to see promotional material starting to come out for this; but as has been said (a lot), at this stage a trailer would be nice & feels long overdue.

Dreddimage_2_big.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Class poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

didn't realise it was going to be a Block war
    If this does well then I hope they do bring in Judge Death for the next one

Skerries wrote: »
    didn't realise it was going to be a Block war
    It aint.
    Skerries wrote: »
    If this does well then I hope they do bring in Judge Death for the next one
    For all his popularity, I actually reckon Death is a bit of a lame villain, personally. Alex Garland has talked about Death for a sequel. If there is one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Love the poster. Want a trailer NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

First poster

First%20Official%20Judge%20Dredd%20poster%20Lionsgate.jpg

My faith in this project has been restored. :D

About the death comment above, it depends what tone there going for in the movie. I can’t imagine death will fit into any sort of tone there going for. You can get away with alot more in the books than onscreen

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

My faith in this project has been restored. :D

About the death comment above, it depends what tone there going for in the movie. I can’t imagine death will fit into any sort of tone there going for. You can get away with alot more in the books than onscreen

Yeah, can't see them doing Death without reworking his origin to something a bit more sciencey (scientifically reanimated dead, zombie type thing). I don't think the trans-dimensional stuff will play well with movie audiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

no trailer???D:

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    no trailer???D:
    The trailer for the upcoming film Dredd is arriving on Machinima.com this Thursday, June 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

The trailer for the upcoming film Dredd is arriving on Machinima.com this Thursday, June 21st.

...bout time!

It's probably gonna look as cheap as chips*: it's pretty low-budget after all, so might as well prepare yourself for that: it's a fifth of the Stallone budget and practically 'indie' but that's really no reason why it shouldn't be quite good, certainly a lot better than the 95 debacle.

*From these on-set pics, it appears that the citizens of the Big Meg just wear standard mufti:
    599768_3961073632527_1651234729_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Sorry but that guy looks NOTHING like Dredd! He looks like he would be more comfortable on Tallafornia.

This movie falls at the first hurdle. They chose an actor without a chin to play Dredd. My guess is that Karl Urban spends the whole movie trying to jut his bottom jaw out trying to feign a chin.

They could of used Ron Perlman or Christian Bale.

Sorry but that guy looks NOTHING like Dredd!

They could of used Ron Perlman.
    ...and you could have used correct English!:)
    Seriously, give it a chance! It's not pretty but the script is excellent and makes total sense: it's a kind of 'anti-prometheus' that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

...and you could have used correct English!:)
    Seriously, give it a chance! It's not pretty but the script is excellent and makes total sense: it's a kind of 'anti-prometheus' that way.

Now now don't be a grammar Godwin. I will give it a chance of course, but that guys gonna have to be some actor to make himself a believable Dredd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

fingers crossed one of my shots made it in the trailer

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Sorry but that guy looks NOTHING like Dredd! He looks like he would be more comfortable on Tallafornia.

This movie falls at the first hurdle. They chose an actor without a chin to play Dredd. My guess is that Karl Urban spends the whole movie trying to jut his bottom jaw out trying to feign a chin.

They could of used Ron Perlman or Christian Bale.

Oh dear :(

Although the bolded part I like. Actually now that I think about it Ron Perlman would've been perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Now now don't be a grammar Godwin. I will give it a chance of course, but that guys gonna have to be some actor to make himself a believable Dredd.
    As I said earlier in the thread, I thought the same when Urban was cast as McCoy in Star Trek, and he nailed that role. Plus, he's a huge fan of Dredd. So if nothing else, he's going to give it his best.

• Advertisement

Perleman would have been very interesting, I reckon they just couldn't afford him.

Advertisement