Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George - Saturday 24th - 4.25

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

1 CONFRONT 5yo 9-7lbs
    OR111 Richard Mullen 250/1
    bay gelding Nayef (USA) — Contiguous (USA) (Danzig (USA))

2 HARBINGER 4yo 9-7lbs
    OR123 Olivier Peslier 5/2
    Bet Now
    bay colt Dansili — Penang Pearl (FR) (Bering)

3 YOUMZAIN 7yo 9-7lbs
    OR117 Richard Hughes 14/1
    M Channon
    bay horse Sinndar (IRE) — Sadima (IRE) (Sadler´s Wells (USA))

4 DAR RE MI 5yo 9-4lbs 16/1
    OR120 William Buick
    J H M Gosden
    bay mare Singspiel (IRE) — Darara (Top Ville)

5 DARYAKANA 4yo 9-4lbs 16/1
    OR116 Gerald Mosse
    A De Royer-Dupre
    chestnut filly Selkirk (USA) — Daryaba (IRE) (Night Shift (USA))

6 CAPE BLANCO 3yo 8-9lbs 13/2
    OR119 C O'Donoghue
    A P O´Brien
    chestnut colt Galileo (IRE) — Laurel Delight (Presidium)

7 WORKFORCE 3yo 8-9lbs Evs
    OR128 Ryan Moore
    Sir Michael Stoute56
    bay colt King´s Best (USA) — Soviet Moon (IRE) (Sadler´s Wells (USA))

Race Card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Theres only 7 runners now - bastards! I have Dar Re Mi ew @ 14/1. Now shes 16/1 and theres only two places. Lets hope she goes and wins aye?

SMS will be a tough nut to crack. He had the 1-2-3 in the race last year. He loves the race.

Harbinger has it all to do, in G1 company for the first time. Won the G2 Hadwicke ove Course and Distance where the form has been franked but still not at G1 level. Seems to have a very good winning chance judging by the ease of that win.

Workforce record time winner of the Derby is unexposed and in the care of SMS could be a world beater. Taking on the older generation for the first time here at a very short price. Some say the short straight at Acsot won't be to his advantage.

Daryakana was being touted for the Arc last year but has been beaten in both her starts this year finishing behind Youmzain in the last.

Youmzain is the bridesmaid too often and while runnning consistently has only got his nose in front once in the last 4 years albeit runnning at the top level everytime.

Dar Re Mi is a proven G1 performer and won the Dubai Sheema Classic G1 in Dubai over 1m4f in March. The form has been let down and she ran a poor race on her come back with the race not run to suit.

Confront is a G2 performer at best and will struggle againt a field of G1 horses. price reflects this but is still in the race with somesort of chance - if all the others don't "turn up".

Cape Blanco beat the Even money favorite Workforce in the Dante. Both has excuses that day with the bit slipping on Workforce and Cape Blanco coming back very lame. Since then Workforce broike the track record at Epsom and Cape Blanco disappointed in France over 1m2f but bounced back in the Irish Derby. The form of that race is questionable but he beat wht he had in front of him that day. He beat Workforce on a very sharp track at Chester and the straight at Ascot may give him a better chance than if the race were at Epsom or the likes.

Enjoy the race! Its gonna be a cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I spread out some free bets all over this (2e on Confront as a free bet would surely be one of the best wins ever ;) ). As for the rest a couple of euro spread across the field but fully expect Harbinger or Workforce to bring it in. I'll decide those bets later depending on how today goes. Certainly one of the better races in a bit. Thanks for these posts. I really enjoy reading posts from people who know a thing or two especially if you are a learner like myself!

Theres so much more that could be said about each horse but I want to keep it short and sweet.

I couldn't possibly give a prediction on their finishing positions. other than Confront wont be in the first three. I think the favorite is too short and so there's value in the other prices. the 7 runners muck that up an awful lot.

on collateral form though the priceslook about right now other than the price of the favorite - was odds on 5/6 at one stage!

Well I think these are the kinds of races where one can make the best use of the free bets. For instance I waited a while before using my free Stan James bet but I'll prolly put 30e on Worksforce (evens) just to cover my free bets over at Betback. All in all this will cost me nothing though I stand to either gain little (or break even) or do quite well. Then again this is what the game is all about though it is nicer when you are not risking extra money. In fact I'd prolly not bother putting money down due to the 7 runners were it not for the free bets.

But I'll enjoy watching it for sure from the non-gambling point of view.

to be honest, these are the types of races that if you didn't get an angle before the runners/no of runners are declared - its a non-betting event. the value is gone from each runner. Their prices are basically favouring the bookmaker and that makes it difficult to make a long term profit. That is unless your of the opinion that Workforce would win the race 600 times if it were run 1000 times. Your on to a winner then.

As you say scopper, these races are there for enjoyment mostly. I hope its as good a race as it looks. But I fear that the anticipation of the race will be greater than the event. Who wouldn't love to see a 3-way photo finish?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

IMO, Workforce is a MASSIVE price at Even money. He'll be carrying a serious amount of my cash.

Tom Segal thinks so too PyRo. He looks a good thing alright, I might cover the win part of my ew stake on Dar Re Mi with a bet on Workforce. He will surely be odds on on the day. Ante post odds on betting is insane though

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Just placed one of my biggest ever bets on him @ Even money.

Jumping on the bandwagon FTW.

x PyRo wrote: »

In that case good luck! I'm always cautious when it comes to this kind of thing 'if it sounds too good to be true etc.' I'm taking the Nulty route and using Workforce to cover some punts courtesy of some free bets I've earned. But if you win big you'll get a hat tip from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

IMO, Workforce is a MASSIVE price at Even money. He'll be carrying a serious amount of my cash.

I'm thinking the same. Have some money to collect in Celtic this morning and might just put it all on him.

• Advertisement

I just looked at the race card there. I forgot Johnny Murtagh was banned,that makes it even more appealing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Dar Re Mi out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/8836733.stm

And was thinking of backing her EW, not sure now might just have a small win bet €10 or €15 on Cape Blanco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I dont know, he has done nothing bar in the Derby (which may sounds silly) but that was a strange race with a donkey finishing second. He broke the track record but at shades of odds-on he doesnt really appeal as a banker. 3 yr olds have a horrible record for the past 8 or nine years. Granted there is no superstar opposing him but the French horse, Daryakana makes most appeal @ 16-1. French fillies have been all the rage the past few seasons with immortals like Goldikova and Zarkava. 16-1 in a 6 horse race looks sweet. Might get hammered but too big a price too ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Warper wrote: »
    I dont know, he has done nothing bar in the Derby (which may sounds silly) but that was a strange race with a donkey finishing second. He broke the track record but at shades of odds-on he doesnt really appeal as a banker. 3 yr olds have a horrible record for the past 8 or nine years. Granted there is no superstar opposing him but the French horse, Daryakana makes most appeal @ 16-1. French fillies have been all the rage the past few seasons with immortals like Goldikova and Zarkava. 16-1 in a 6 horse race looks sweet. Might get hammered but too big a price too ignore.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Just about to post the that one might be the answer, must have another look.. Might be a race for watching now rather than betting on..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Really really like workforce tomorrow, With dar re mi out the only threats i see are daryakana and cape blanco. Youmzain is the eternal bridesmaid while harbinger is unproven at the level and too short in the market.

I think workforce has improved past cape blanco and should reverse dante form with him well i hope he does anyway!

Just wish i had the funds to go large :(

I'm hesitant about backing Workforce now,with the stable in such dire form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Have €30 on Workforce at evens. Biggest bet on a horse in a while but as stated evens just looks far too big not to lump on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Im thinking of a Workforce-Cape Blanco 1-2

Can't see past Workforce, although i think Cape Blanco might make a big impact, and would have an even better shout had Murtagh been on board!

I'll throw 100 on Workforce, and 25 on the forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

seems the whole world is on workforce and i can see why.
    my moneys on harbinger as ive followed the horse for more
    than a year now.
    It does look a big ask for him but it was still hard not to
    be impressed with its last win and the horses behind
    him that day have franked the form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

Anybody fancy Confront on an EW bet? Maybe worth a small bet?. Other then that. Can't decide who will win it between Cape Blanco and Workforce. Everyone seems to be on Workforce but Cape Blanco has the beating of him. Reverse forecast maybe?

• Advertisement

MikeHunt08 wrote: »
    Anybody fancy Confront on an EW bet? Maybe worth a small bet?. Other then that. Can't decide who will win it between Cape Blanco and Workforce. Everyone seems to be on Workforce but Cape Blanco has the beating of him. Reverse forecast maybe?

Na Confront will be a pace maker,and remember,there will only be two places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Workforce now odds on.

Seen more conclusive odds on shots in my time.

One to watch I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Hail "Workforce", full of grace.
    Our money is with you.
    Blessed are you among all horses,
    and blessed is the money that is on your back.

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

boylesports have workforce 5/2 to win by over 1 1/2 lenghts.

seems good value to for anyone who fancys him but does'nt want to take a short price.

l did it and also did him just to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Evens looks pretty juicy now. 8/11 and could get shorter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Harbinger is weak as water on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lets go workforce :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

5th f**king place.

Bastard horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    seems the whole world is on workforce and i can see why.
    my moneys on harbinger as ive followed the horse for more
    than a year now.
    It does look a big ask for him but it was still hard not to
    be impressed with its last win and the horses behind
    him that day have franked the form

wow!

amazing
    what a horse

• Advertisement

What a performance. Workforce was ****e. Cape Blanco didn't disgrace itself.

Advertisement