If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp & Speakers

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to upgrade my very old Denon AVR 900 (which still sounds great) and speakers.

From the RicherSounds website, I like the look of the ONKYO TXSR607 for £250.

I don't see the benefit for me of going for the TXSR608, only difference is power output?

Also would like to buy a 5.1 speaker package to go with it. What do you advise?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi,
    I want to upgrade my very old Denon AVR 900 (which still sounds great) and speakers.

From the RicherSounds website, I like the look of the ONKYO TXSR607 for £250.

I don't see the benefit for me of going for the TXSR608, only difference is power output?

Also would like to buy a 5.1 speaker package to go with it. What do you advise?

thanks

Hi Qeivinc,

the onkyo sr607 is a very accomplished amplifier however we are unable to supply this unit as our warehouse has ran out of stock. The stores on the mainland are clearing ex display and openbox items which they have laying around, we cleared ours a good 3 weeks ago.

I see that you still enjoy the sound that your denon receiver gives you, with that in mind the newer AVR1611 from denon would keep that sound you love and also give you the functionality of the newer hd audio codecs and some video upconversion, upscaling and 3D support.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=24&productid=1061

speaker packages are a dime a dozen, depending on what speakers you have already you try integrate for example new fronts and the rest as you go or jump straight into a new package.

What size of speakers are you after and what would be your preference on colours?

drop me a pm and we will try and cater a package of speakers for you

regards

Matthew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi Matthew,

Whats your email address, I tried matthew@richersounds.ie and dave@richersounds.ie but both returned to me.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Matthew,

Whats your email address, I tried matthew@richersounds.ie and dave@richersounds.ie but both returned to me.

Thanks

Hi Qeivinc,

the best email addy to get me on is Davemc@richersounds.ie(my office is up 3 flights of stairs, im unfit)

cheers

Matt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.