Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowerless honeysuckle

Options
  • 22-07-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi people,

I planted a honeysuckle by the front door about 3y ago. Absolutely love the scent of it. It's growing wonderfully, looks healthy BUT

the flowers never bloom!

I see them coming in bud but they never actually flower.

Any ideas what might be wrong? It's facing sw in the morning. There is a bit of a stiff breeze in the front garden but nothing that would affect a honeysuckle i would ahve thought. I've watered and fertilised it with tomato plant food (soil was quite exhausted when I moved in, leaves on plants v yellow) and still no joy.

Wld love some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheFatMan

Hi Ellee
    honeysuckle likes to grow thru other plants. If its position is exposed it might not be happy with not having shelter. Sounds too like it needs plenty of rich organic matter in the leaves are yellow.

Advertisement