Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For Sean Kelly

• 22-07-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What grade percentage would Patricks Hill in Cork be compared to the steepest hill in the Tour?
    Thank you, Marty from Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

nancy7711 wrote: »
    What grade percentage would Patricks Hill in Cork be compared to the steepest hill in the Tour?
    Thank you, Marty from Ireland

This is not the Eurosport forum, though Sean is very welcome to post here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Lumen wrote: »
    This is not the Eurosport forum, though Sean is very welcome to post here. :)

Maybe we've been chosen to replace the eurosport forums. I reckon most of us here would do a better job than Carlton..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The percentage would possibly be the same, or a little bit steeper than the toughest climb in the tour, but it's also very short -the high mountains are a little less steep, but drastically longer (13+ km)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The percentage would possibly be the same, or a little bit steeper than the toughest climb in the tour, but it's also very short -the high mountains are a little less steep, but drastically longer (13+ km)

Thanks, Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Is Patricks hill not 20%??

The climbs in the tour rarely go above 10 or 11 %. I am not talking average here. It is just that they are so long that makes them tough.

• Advertisement

The steepest part of St. Patrick's hill is 25%. But that only lasts about 50-100m at most. The entire hill is maybe 200 -300 m long.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Max gradient 25% but I've no average gradient.

Source TOI organisation.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Is Patricks hill not 20%??

The climbs in the tour rarely go above 10 or 11 %. I am not talking average here. It is just that they are so long that makes them tough.

There's quite a few ramps that are up to 16, 17% on some of the big climbs

Raam wrote: »
    Thanks, Seán.

No problem, now I have to get back to the papers

Can you explain what the GC is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

:D I still laugh at that each time I think of him saying he wasn't listening as he was reading the papers.

Can we post our Santy requests here come December ? Maybe have a Santa Request subforum to keep it tidy.

Can you explain what the GC is?

It is a common type of chromatography used in analytic chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition.

It is a common type of chromatography used in analytic chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition.

It's so obvious once you explain it.

It's so obvious once you explain it.

There are some people reading here for the first time, so I like to explain the little things for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DinaElla

was down in a place called Tallow Co. Waterford and saw this hill on the way out towards lismore ... (Tallow Hill) .. looked a tough one to get up

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/null/cork/574127980503825455

I'd like to hear Seán's opinion on black socks.

I'd like to hear Seán's opinion on black socks.

Well... I tink that in the tewer ye have to wear what's given to ye... I don't have a problem with any kind of socks really

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

But you said last year on TV "I like white socks". Have you changed your mind?

Question for Seán: are piercings, scarification and tattoos acceptable in the pro peloton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sean, would you ever ride a pink bike?

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    But you said last year on TV "I like white socks". Have you changed your mind?

Well ye know, it's a changeable situation really.... white, black, grey, they're all the same really... it's just socks at the end of the day... and I suppose they aren't really black, just very very very very very very dark blue
    Question for Seán: are piercings, scarification and tattoos acceptable in the pro peloton?

No

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sean, would you ever ride a pink bike?

I've ridden the pink bike manys a time when I was younger, these days I find it harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sean, who do you request first in "Creation" nightclub from the DJ: Clancy brothers or Lady Gaga?

For Sean: who would win in a hill climb up the Madeleine? Cav or Cipo?

I've ridden the pink bike manys a time when I was younger

I'll bet you have.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sean, who do you request first in "Creation" nightclub from the DJ: Clancy brothers or Lady Gaga?

Well, I quite like all them fellas, but for me it'd have to be a nice lady singing, like Celine Dion -the wife loves it
    For Sean: who would win in a hill climb up the Madeleine? Cav or Cipo?

Depends on if there was a bunch sprint at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Dear Sean,
    Which type of Cows give better dairy yield - Fresians or Jerseys?

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Dear Sean,
    Which type of Cows give better dairy yield - Fresians or Jerseys?

I'm a fan of the black whitehead myself, though Jersey milk is some of the finest in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

DinaElla wrote: »
    was down in a place called Tallow Co. Waterford and saw this hill on the way out towards lismore ... (Tallow Hill) .. looked a tough one to get up

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/null/cork/574127980503825455

complete OT but ive been up that hill many times. short but very sharp. only have a standard double, so standing on the pedals a la contador (in my mind anyway) is the only way i can get up it.

Edit : in keeping with the thread, as SK would say, its a hewer

• Advertisement
Advertisement