Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance

Options
  • 22-07-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Just need some help here. My Mam has life insurance with a company in Scotland. I don't want to say the name in case thats not allowed. So she gets a letter from them saying she owes a 100 euros and has ten days to pay it. This was here first warning about it and so she rings them up and says I can only pay 70 euros so if I send that in and pay the other 30 euros next week. They said thats grand. So after a week or so we get another letter saying that the account is closed and when we ring up they said you still owed 30 on it. Which we tried to explain that we rang up the previous week and they had agreed that we could pay the 30 euros the next week. They now want my Mam to go through the process of opening a new policy and get a medical etc. What happens if the don't let her reopen the policy because she is worried that she just wasted the last 11 years putting money into it. Do we have any leg to stand on. We already rang and they said we would be entitled to nothing back if the account does not reopen.

Comments

Advertisement