Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way from belfast to ballymena

Options
  • 22-07-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have to get to ballymena from dublin at the end of august, and while I've been to belfast a few time before I've never needed public transport there. I'm going to get the aircoach from dublin airport to belfast cos the train doesn't leave at a good time for me.
    So is the bus or the train the best way to get there. I don't remember much of ballymena, its been years since I was last there.
    I'll be in belfast approx 2.30 pm.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Mill21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have to get to ballymena from dublin at the end of august, and while I've been to belfast a few time before I've never needed public transport there. I'm going to get the aircoach from dublin airport to belfast cos the train doesn't leave at a good time for me.
    So is the bus or the train the best way to get there. I don't remember much of ballymena, its been years since I was last there.
    I'll be in belfast approx 2.30 pm.

Thanks in advance!

have a look at the translink website http://www.translink.co.uk/ and use the journey planner. i am not familiar with the route myself i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭seamy_orr

Train is the only way to go, there's a train leaving Belfast (NIR) Central Stn @ 14:20, next one is 16:10 I think. Those are Friday times.
    Train is direct, as opposed to getting at least 2 buses from Central.
    You getting a few crowns done while you're there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Bus is cheaper than the train. I think it's ~£6.50 on bus and £7.40 by train one way. IIRC the Aircoach stops at Jurys hotel which is just down the road from Great Victoria Street station which houses the Great Victoria Street Train station and Europa Bus station - you can't miss it.

Bus Eireann/Ulsterbus do a service from Dublin Airport up to Europa Bus station as well - so that will take you directly into the station and all you have to do is see what the next service down to Ballymena is - usually look for services 218 and 219 I think.

HTH.

Advertisement