Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapers scopes

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with this model scope? Good, bad or indifferent? Thanks.

K
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with this model scope? Good, bad or indifferent? Thanks.

K

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=optic&level1=&level2=&itemno=SCP3-P6245AOMDL&status=&mtrack=m

They look kind of cheapy, However I have never came across them.
    Can be problematic getting scopes from states also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=optic&level1=&level2=&itemno=SCP3-P6245AOMDL&status=&mtrack=m

They look kind of cheapy, However I have never came across them.
    Can be problematic getting scopes from states also

Probably cos they ARE cheap :D
    Ah finances are tight and need something for my new 452. The one I saw is on eBay UK site. Shouldn't be an issue buying from there right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

If your budget is limited theres lots of budget brand scopes on the market, I was looking at Leapers scopes on Gunaccessories.com myself last year and they look nice but as with all budget scopes if you trawl the internet you'll get opinions for and against. One budget brand scope that I've had personal use of was a BARSKA scope. Again, on the net Barska get for and against opinions but the one I've used has kept zero when other more expensive ones didnt.
    Dont be put off by people saying that these scopes are one way or another, if your budget is tight as like many peoples nowadays then you have a certain number of scopes to pick from, so ignore anyone who comes on here and says ......keep your money and buy a Schmidt & Bender or a Nightforce scope.
    If you like the leapers scope then go and get it but my experience with Barska scopes showed me that cheap scopes can do the job sometimes. :D

Whatever one you eventually pick, I wish you the best of luck with it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

A fixed power if cheap is normally better than a vari for same money.

What is your budget anyway?

I got a Simmons for €120 a few years ago for a 10/22 and it was reasonably ok for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

If you're looking for a good budget scope you will not go wrong with Mueller. They are not advertised or sold in shops to keep down costs.

I have the 8.5 - 25 X 50 IR Eliminator scope & can't fault it...my shooting buddy ghas a S&B and can't believe how clear the optics are.

rifle-1.jpg

THis guy will post to Ireland....2 scopes for $49.75....last time I contacted him.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300372479405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Google a few reviews to see what you think.

• Advertisement

J.R. wrote: »
    THis guy will post to Ireland....2 scopes for $49.75....last time I contacted him.

Is that for shipping or the price of 2 scopes? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

J.R. wrote: »
    If you're looking for a good budget scope you will not go wrong with Mueller. They are not advertised or sold in shops to keep down costs.

I have the 8.5 - 25 X 50 IR Eliminator scope & can't fault it...my shooting buddy ghas a S&B and can't believe how clear the optics are.

I have a Steyr .243 which i bought new about three years ago with a smith & Bender 8 x 56. I never really liked the scope and After about a year i sold the s&b and bought a mueller scope on ebay and havnt look back since.

The mueller is serious scope for the money!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Not a huge fan of Duffys in Galway but they stock them. Leapers that is. However, not sure about the money they are askin for them... Try www.shoot.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

If you are going to install it on a rimfire - any rimfire - you'll probably be fine.

On a centre-fire I would 'leap' away.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

tac
    Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

if your looking for a cheap scope thats good value. i bought a zos 10-40x50 on ebay for around 100 euro shipped to my door it came with flip up covers mounts and handwheel. i have it on my .308 and never had an issue with it and i have it over a year.

tommy

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    if your looking for a cheap scope thats good value. i bought a zos 10-40x50 on ebay for around 100 euro shipped to my door it came with flip up covers mounts and handwheel. i have it on my .308 and never had an issue with it and i have it over a year.

tommy

Have you got a link to the seller you bought from Tommy? Thanks.

it toke six days to ship it from china. you can buy them in ireland priced one at around 300 euro

tommy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭.243

kkelly77 wrote: »

K
    just re badged previously called ags scopes,apparently ags went belly up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

.243 wrote: »
    just re badged previously called ags scopes,apparently ags went belly up

Interesting, I never liked AGS. Mind you they were always the cheapie option where I saw them.

Advertisement