Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking in cork

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good place to get this done? I would prefer personally experience to blind guessing :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AndyOM

I got a phone unlocked like a year ago on North main st and it was grand. i think its moved to south main st now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

By far the best place is Apex, they're based on the tramore road. Barry Morley the owner has been in the phone business since the 80's and is a walking encyclopedia on repairing and unlocking phones. It's ridiculous how much the guy knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

why don't you just ring whatever phone company you are with? they have the unlock codes or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

By far the best place is Apex, they're based on the tramore road. Barry Morley the owner has been in the phone business since the 80's and is a walking encyclopedia on repairing and unlocking phones. It's ridiculous how much the guy knows.

+1 on these guys. They unlocked my C905 in about 30seconds. Fantastic lads and they are relatively cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

The Phone Doc over Subway on McCurtain St. and the GSM Centre along St.Patricks Quay that will do it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

It might seem like a fairly obvious suggestion but try google for a solution. It's worked for me for a couple of phones in the past but maybe phone security has gotten a little more sophisticated since.. worth a shot. It's probably what the phone unlocking shops do to find their codes in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Right so got it done in apex satelitte solutions, 40 euro for it. All done now and took less than 1hr to switch networks and get free texts running. Compared to O2's slacking 2 weeks of crap -.-' just happy to be back on meteor =]

magicianz wrote: »
    Right so got it done in apex satelitte solutions, 40 euro for it. All done now and took less than 1hr to switch networks and get free texts running. Compared to O2's slacking 2 weeks of crap -.-' just happy to be back on meteor =]

What is your phone model and which network were you with? I'm guessing O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

40 euro for it.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

cork45 wrote: »
    :(

I agree =\ but I was willing to get off O2!

Yeah lemagg, I was on O2 and it was a 3Gs on 3.1.3 firmware :)

• Advertisement

Yeah lemagg, I was on O2 and it was a 3Gs on 3.1.3 firmware :)

As long as you're happy now.

This is the first link which I got up on google. I don't have an IPhone so I've no way of knowing if it works. http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-iphone-3.1.3-3g-3gs-with-blacksn0w/

Could be handy for anyone else in your situation or similar.

Advertisement