Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard-drive problem

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

My graid drive has recently been damaged and I brought it to a data recovery agency and they say they can retain the files but it seems like a crazy price that I'm being charged. It's 700 euro to have the files moved to a different drive. So I can't afford that but wondering is there a cheaper place I can have it done? There is a place on Parnell St. where they quoted me one tenth of the price above but I'm wondering is it reliable? It's more in my budget range. It's all video files on the drive that are very important. I'd be really grateful for any advice on this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

It depends what the HDD failed for. Can you give more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 n.sheerin1

They said that the drive was 'suffering from internal mechanical failure and media damage'. Does that help at all? Sorry- I'm not very au fait with hard-drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Maybe a better question is how did you know the hdd had a problem.

Is the hdd internal or external?
    Can you give make model and if sata etc.

Did it have an os on it?

Advertisement