Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing mint leaves

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

How do mint leaves freeze? I've pots of mint right now and if I cut them back I'm fairly sure I'd get another bumper crop before the end of the summer.

Do mint leaves freeze ok? Would like to have more in winter for yougort dips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They should be ok. You have two options, gather and wash the best of the leaves and pat dry with a teatowel. Spread on baking trays and freeze for a couple of hours, then bag and return to the freezer. This way they will be separate leaves or sprigs. Otherwise chop the leaves and put them in ice cube trays, add just enough water to cover , and freeze. Put the whole 'mint cube', ice and all, into your dish if you can.

Advertisement