Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky via xbox live

• 22-07-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, looking for some help on this one as sky are being as utterly useless as ever.

We don't have a sky subscription in the house but I bought an xbox recently and saw something somewhere about watching sky player on xbox live. Whats the story with this? Do you need a sky subscrption or can you sign up to just the sky player to watch solely through the xbox?

For the record and called sky and, true to what I have heard about the customer service etc, I was told sky player was only available to those with an annual sub to sky. I asked about sky player relating just to xbox and I got a big "ehh" and told the same thing again. Very help lads, keep up the good work over there :rolleyes:

Any help out there??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Should find an answer in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952140&highlight=player

Or do a search for sky player and theres a good few others on the forum about it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

You need a Sky subscription and you also need a sky multiroom sub or sky broadband. So either way you will pay extra for the privilage of being able to watch Sky on your Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You can get Multimedia remotes with a pack that includes a 3 month XBox Arcade trial and 1 month of Sky player (trial) for around €35 (HMV). MUST cancel after the month or the regular cost is around €55 per month.

Don't need a SKY dish or current subscription.

I used this trick nicely for the various sports finals that were on in Summer. The trial above gets you Sky Sports 1-4 and Sky News

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    You can get Multimedia remotes with a pack that includes a 3 month XBox Arcade trial and 1 month of Sky player (trial) for around €35 (HMV)

14.99 for that in Argos at the minute. They are just once off codes you use so I don't think you need to will be charged there after once the time is up. You need to cancel it it's seems , info is in thread mentioned below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement
Advertisement