Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Dublin???

Options
  • 22-07-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi guys!

I'm moving to Dublin in August as Im starting my hdip there, however my school is in Ratoath in Meath. I'm just wondering where would be best to live as I teach in the morning and then have to be back in UCD for 2pm everyday. I have a car but was only going to use it for driving out to my school as I heard parkings a nightmare in the college. I'm from Donegal so have no idea which side i should be living on? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Somewhere around the Navan Road maybe - motorway out to the school and then the buses from Blanch are being extended out to UCD

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-1/Blanchardstown/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

That's going to leave you on a short enough leash every day if finishing school @ 1pm in Ratoath and then out to Belfield by 2pm!!

I think probably the Navan Road too as any further the traffic will be a nightmare come evening time, Dunshaughlin is a total bottle-neck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

ashbourne perhaps? it's not dublin but just outside and about 5mins from ratoath...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I think you'll have to drive to UCD if you want to make it there for 2. Bus service is not great from Rathoath, not the worse but impossible to make it from there to UCD in one hour.

Even if you were to drive somewhere near town, say Glasnevin, or even pearse St direction, it'd be highly unlikely you'll make it to the college for 2.

You'll just have to take your chances with parking in UCD with that sort of time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Hi Lawa, I'm starting the HDip in Ucd also this September. I think you should do a test drive from Rathoath to UCD and test the bus trip from School to UCD. Parking is bad on campus but a lot of students leave after lunchtime :) and there are plenty of housing estates near the School of Education that you can park in that will only involve a 5-10 minute walk. I've been in UCD 4 years now so if you have any questions about the place just send me a pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement