Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Camera Shops

• 22-07-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm based down here in Limerick, but I'm looking for some stuff for work, does anyone know of any good stores doesn't matter if they are in Dublin we can travel, (either online or brick and mortar), that provide continues lighting rigs, and Video Cameras (preferably that would stock semi-pro ones, or would be able to order in one, or of a site that would sell them, I tried Ebay and Adverts and BH).

Many thanks for any help.

Cillian

Comments

You're obviously talking about films rather than images, yeah?

To be honest, I've no idea myself, but I know a friend of a friend (etc.) who was looking to find out where to get equipment. I believe he eventually decided to contact Screen Training Ireland and ask them what's up regarding equipment in Ireland and so forth.

Don't know how he contacted them, but I know he didn't visit them (ie; he either rang, emailed or mailed) and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if he got any information off them in the end or not, as I haven't seen him in a while.

Just thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Might be an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭digitalbeginner

Have you tried Conn's Cameras, they stock wide range of video cameras from entry level right up to pro. They also do lights. Here's a link to their website: http://www.connscameras.ie/video-cameras-!7-cat.html

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

You're obviously talking about films rather than images, yeah?

To be honest, I've no idea myself, but I know a friend of a friend (etc.) who was looking to find out where to get equipment. I believe he eventually decided to contact Screen Training Ireland and ask them what's up regarding equipment in Ireland and so forth.

Don't know how he contacted them, but I know he didn't visit them (ie; he either rang, emailed or mailed) and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if he got any information off them in the end or not, as I haven't seen him in a while.

Just thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Might be an idea.

Yeah its film gear I'm looking for, but a good few camera shops supply Video Cameras too, But I'm also looking for lighting etc. so I will need some continues lighting set ups (about 3 spots), which is why I'm looking at Camera Shops.

I've had a look on Conns anyone have any feedback on customer service there? (I've never bought camera parts etc. for my cameras in Dublin so I don't know).

Advertisement