Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New motherboard and ram

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently bought a motherboard but it was half an inch too big and wouldn't align with the screw slots so I've had to send it back and am now searching for a new motherboard. I have been searching through the usual online stores and am unsure what to get. Was wondering if anyone here would have any good recommendations.

My pc specs are:

Case: NZXT Rogue
    PSU: 750W Tagan
    CPU: intel core 2 duo E7300
    GFX: ATI asus HD 4870

As for the ram I am currently looking for an upgrade from ddr2 to ddr3 so the mobo will have to be ddr3 as well as compatible with the rest of my pc.

I am looking to spend around the -200 area.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just to be aware if you go DDR3 you will need a new CPU as well as LGA775 boards support DDR2 only.

EDIT: Mmm learn something new everyday I appear to be very wrong indeed. Now the question I would pose is is it worth throwing away perfectly good DDR2 ram for minor performance gains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

what form factor was the motherboard and what kind of case is it? They should be standardized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

Overheal wrote: »
    what form factor was the motherboard and what kind of case is it? They should be standardized.

Micro atx is mobo type the case supports. The mobo I bought/returned was standard atx.

Advertisement