Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Kia Sorento - noise from front

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

I have a 2007 Kia Sorento - Auto GLS - 70,000kms.
    This is a four wheel drive torque on demand system with a low range selector.

In the last week and a half i have been hearing a noise from the front when going around 80km it sounds like a wind noise but the following discounts that idea.

1. Noise "whoooo" can be heard on and off from inside the car, no noise when head out window - obviously no cars coming!
    2. I can hear the noise better when not under load, ie not accelerating, and i can hear it more just after accelerating then lifting off.
    3. If i put car into low range i can hear it even though i would be going slower.

I dont think its a wheel bearing as i have had that in another vehicle and normally you would hear a bearing on a corner more not straight. I think its either a front bearing of a drive shaft or the front transfer box - i hope to god not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Front inner CV joints give a good bit of bother in the Sorentos(one of their only regular problems) theres no front transfer box, I presume you mean front Diff which dont really give problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Front inner CV joints give a good bit of bother in the Sorentos(one of their only regular problems) theres no front transfer box, I presume you mean front Diff which dont really give problems.

Thanks gofaster, whoops yes i meant the front diff :rolleyes:, its very possible its the inner cv joint as from the driving seat the noise does not sound quiet at the wheel but definetly to the right side of vehicle. I can hear it much more when in low range on mud. I originally discounted the cv joint as normally i would hear a clicking sound and didnt here. I forgot about inner cv joints. Any tips on changing that i should know? bit of a bugger or easy sailing? Cheers - much happier now :D

Advertisement