Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a track title

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Last weekend in a drunken haze at my friends place I heard a great track that had me and my mate belting out the chorus like a couple of wailing rock gods. I'm calling it the chorus... but it had no real words. Neither of us know the track. It was on an unlabelled mix cd in a pile under a pile under another pile of cds. Now, I was very very drunk, and although I remember thinking that it had to be Iron Maiden, I'm not sure, could be Judas Priest or something just as easily.

I've been searching d'interweb for over an hour now, and I've decided to give up and place my hope in the musical gurus that I know stomp these grounds. I can't give you very much in the way of information, so this is gonna be tough I think.

The 'chorus'. It was a series of high pitched wails, each one about 3-4 seconds long with a gap in between(for breathing), with each wail increasing in pitch. Just "AAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAh" followed by the same again a moment later except going higher and higher. This happened a couple(maybe more) of times in the track. There were some lyrics in the track as well(I think), but they weren't what I'd call 'viking roar metal lyrics'. I remember the track was about 10+ minutes long and there was some class instrument play in it as well, again nothing heavy in the extreme.

That's about all I can remember. Please suggest any tracks that you think might be it. Even if the length doesn't seem the same, perhaps I just heard a longer/shorter version of the track. Also please ask any questions you think I might be able to answer to help figure out what track it was.

Sorry for this tall order, but it's driving me nuts. The only other option I have is to travel to his house, grab the cd, then come back, download music identifier software and use it to find the title. I may yet have to do this, but I want to avoid it if possible!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Great shout with Led Zep Walter.

I think it may turn out to be Led Zep but if not, then the way the OP described what he thought was the chorus sounds a lot like a segment of the version of Rime Of The Ancient Mariner that is on Iron Maiden's Live After Death

This vid is just the second half of the song, but the bit I am on about starts at about 1:20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Yah, it could well be a Zeppelin track. I've been trawling through them since I posted.

It's neither Immigrant Song nor Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
    More... sorrowful than them. I'll find something to give you an example of what I mean, it's hard to explain the sound.

Thanks for the help so far!

I keep failing at adding this video, so I'm just gonna link it.
    It captures the same kind of sound, but isn't as epic as the one I'm looking for.

Downloaded a piece of software to identify tracks by sound. Rang my mate and got him to find the cd and play the track down the phone. Can't believe it worked.
    Enjoy the epicness

The software I used records the sound and compares it to some database thingy. Very useful. It's free too, so I think I'm allowed to link it. tunatic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ahha great track alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

LOL ... funny thread .... can't believe somebody didn't recognise Child In Time though :eek:... or maybe Im just old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Glad you found the track. Regarding linking the YouTube video you just need to put the bit after "v=" on its own line, select it and then click the youtube.gif button on the toolbar and you should be all set.

Don't forget there is a Test forum that you can use if you're just trying out features.

Advertisement