Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclocross questions

• 22-07-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

one or two questions you might answer if you get a second...

Would you rather race on Saturday or Sunday?

Are you prepared to travel to races?

Leagues, races every second week or every week?

Start time, noon or 1pm?

Courses: should there be a minimum standard for courses?

If anyone else has any other questions please add them here..... if you've never done cross don't be shy.... I'm sure everyone has an opinion on Saturday or Sunday racing..... thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I like Saturday races as it leaves me free to do long cycles on the Sunday; 150-200km on a Saturday would leave me in no state to race on the Sunday. I can understand though that some people have to work on Saturday so probably better chance for a good turnout on the Sunday.

I'm prepared to travel if I can get a lift :)

Are we talking about the winter here or is something going to happen sooner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭25sean

Sunday does suit more people but Saturday means you can celebrate your win til the wee hours without worring about work the next day. Id go for the Saturday.

1 is a good time as you can get up whatever time you like/travel with less pressure to the races up north.. theyre only an hour long so you could have the afternoon if theyre local.

travelling to races, sure youd have to do that.. obviously nicer not to but I WILL TRAVEL!

RAcing every second week is good. If it goes beyond that you nearly forget how to do it. Every week would be great, youd up your game no end, but are there enough races to spread out over the season?

Courses, leave it with me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

A mix of Sat's and Sundays.
    I'm prepared to travel up to an hour.
    A league would be nice but not prepared to races every week.
    The only course I wouldn't go back to was the Carrickfergus one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Saturday or Sunday? no difference really
    Noon or 1pm? 11am
    Willing to travel? occasionally
    Every weeks/2nd week? every week.
    League or individual events? individual events preferred, provincial league instead of all-ireland IMO.

Ideally , there shold be something in two of the four provinces every week and there should be provincial champs as well as the nationals.

Advertisement