Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a decent pub thats sells Murphys on Draught in City Center?

• 22-07-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations folks,i am down in the city for a few nights and hoping to get a pint of the black stuff.
    I was in Dungarvan yesterday and whilst the hotel had a tap for it they didn`t do it due to lack of demand :mad:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I don't know, but there is stout made in Dungarvan. You should give it a go. Here are the places that sell it.

http://dungarvanbrewingcompany.com/find_us/stockists.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I don't know of anyplace in Waterford with Murphys, which is a shame. I'd often feel like murdering a pint of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I've never seen Murphys on tap in Waterford as far back as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Tom Meaghers I think, cant remember if its murphys or beamish..i know its certainly not guinness

Phil Grimes definitely does Beamish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Gregsor wrote: »
    Any recommendations folks,i am down in the city for a few nights and hoping to get a pint of the black stuff.
    I was in Dungarvan yesterday and whilst the hotel had a tap for it they didn`t do it due to lack of demand :mad:.

The ginger man just off arundel square definitely use to do it but I've been away a while and not back there in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Tom Meaghers I think, cant remember if its murphys or beamish..i know its certainly not guinness

Yes Murphys on Draught and Beamish in bottles....Guinness free zone :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yup, apparently had an argument with Guinness years ago over something or other and vowed never to stock another Guinness product again.. stuck to his word.. :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yup, apparently had an argument with Guinness years ago over something or other and vowed never to stock another Guinness product again.. stuck to his word.. :D

Maybe they sent a woman to make the delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

i think it was when guiness allowed pubs to bottle their own guinnes on site but then guinness wanted to stop that and Tom wanted to keep it

so i heard anyway

he was a nice gentleman Tom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Geoffs sold it on tap untill a few weeks ago. Not sure if they got rid of it or will sell it again. Might be worth asking in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We stopped selling it about 3 months a go due to lack of demand as we couldn't even sell a half keg in time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

AdMMM wrote: »
    We stopped selling it about 3 months a go due to lack of demand as we couldn't even sell a half keg in time!
    Shame, I always enjoyed a pint of it when I was there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

You beat me to it! Its Murphys. Is that place still open?
    God be with the days when you could have a pint or two in Meaghers (if you were lucky!) then head over to McLoughlins for a few more and then stumble over to the Roxy and dance the night away to DJ Louie....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

3 ships near the peoples park definitely do murphys on draught. Well they did on fri night anyway. I was'nt drinking it but somebody else got a pint of black stuff in a murphys branded glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

i think it was when guiness allowed pubs to bottle their own guinnes on site but then guinness wanted to stop that and Tom wanted to keep it

so i heard anyway

he was a nice gentleman Tom

Wow, thats a jolt back to the past...I used to bottle Guiness in my Aunt Bridie's and Uncle Paddy's pub on Yellow Road back in the 60's and 70's when I came over for the summer.

Anybody know which pub I speak of?

chelloveks wrote: »
    Wow, thats a jolt back to the past...I used to bottle Guiness in my Aunt Bridie's and Uncle Paddy's pub on Yellow Road back in the 60's and 70's when I came over for the summer.

Anybody know which pub I speak of?

Upper or Lower Yellow Road.

It could be Caulfields on the Lower Yellow Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The Well :D

dayshah wrote: »
    Upper or Lower Yellow Road.

It could be Caulfields on the Lower Yellow Road.

Caulfields it is....thats my last name. My dad was Paddy and Bridies brother. Richie, the last owner is my cousin.

Good guess Daysha!

I'll be wearing my new Guiness "Up the Deise" shirt in a bar in NY in a couple weeks for the quartefinal for the boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

chelloveks wrote: »
    Caulfields it is....thats my last name. My dad was Paddy and Bridies brother. Richie, the last owner is my cousin.

Good guess Daysha!

I'll be wearing my new Guiness "Up the Deise" shirt in a bar in NY in a couple weeks for the quartefinal for the boys!

Semi-final :p

• Advertisement

Semi-final :p

Sorry Jerry. Stand corrected

Advertisement