Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Square Brassarie moving??

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

A friend of mine told me the other day that he saw in some newspaper (no idea which) that The Market Square is to move from O'Connell Avenue to The Savoy Hotel. Doesn't really make much sense with Hamptons and a dining room upstairs.

Has anybody else seen or heard this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

who or what is market square?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

@ dave_27 its a restaurant :)

Havnt heard anything about this, but it does sound very odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was in the Chronicle on Tuesday. They are moving to a room downstairs @ the Savoy iirc. They are setting it up in a French style dining room for fine dining. Hamptons will continue to operate on a casual dining basis.
    The guy who leases and operates Market Square is one of the Directors of The Savoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ahhhh now makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

Aidric wrote: »
    The guy who leases and operates Market Square is one of the Directors of The Savoy.

Yeah I knew that.. The Market Square has such a fantastic ambiance though what are the chances of replicating it in a modern building??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I spoke to a Savoy/Hamptons/Market Director yesterday and I was told it was due to renovations and also to offer something to the Savoy customers.

I also know, from the Chef of the Market, that numbers booking were way down as well and the times of not being able to get a table in the Market are now gone.

Even the Thai Gourmet recently changed hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Berty wrote: »
    I spoke to a Savoy/Hamptons/Market Director yesterday and I was told it was due to renovations and also to offer something to the Savoy customers.

I also know, from the Chef of the Market, that numbers booking were way down as well and the times of not being able to get a table in the Market are now gone.

Even the Thai Gourmet recently changed hands.

I'd guess there's going to be an element of kitchen sharing going on here too?

I was told it was due to renovations and also to offer something to the Savoy customers.

So is it permanent then or just for a while??
    zuroph wrote: »

Don't know how well that will work out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zuroph wrote: »

I suppose there always will be an element of that. Im not sure if there are dumb waiters running between the two kitchens or even if they are anywhere near each other.
    Ms.Cosmo wrote: »
    So is it permanent then or just for a while??

No idea. I wont be speaking to him again until October.

No idea. I wont be speaking to him again until October.

Ok.. when is the changeover taking place??

Going to have to go for dinner soon in there!! Any excuse :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Id say numbers were well down and its an excuse to save and move it

bigpink wrote: »
    Id say numbers were well down and its an excuse to save and move it

It's a pity!! I can remember having to book it weeks in advance to try and get a table!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Best of luck to them - They've always been highly reviewed on here - Just a sad sign of the times.

- Perhaps former happy Customers will follow them to the new Venue and support them.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

People liked the place but the price is too high in these times,too many places doing set deals and early birds now

bigpink wrote: »
    too many places doing set deals and early birds now

They were doing early birds and set menus up to a while ago anyway!! I haven't been there in a few weeks so not sure if it is still the case...

Advertisement