Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images of Limerick for Charity Calender

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hey all...

Does anybody have any images of Limerick that I could use for a calender for next year that I'm hoping to do for charity???

Anything of the city, sport, countryside or known spots would be most appreciated and can be captioned with the photographer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

if you go onto flickr.com and type in "limerick skyfest" there are some really nice shots of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭phog

dave 27 wrote: »
    if you go onto flickr.com and type in "limerick skyfest" there are some really nice shots of the city

That may be the case but you certainly cant just take the pic and use it without consent from the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hey all...

Does anybody have any images of Limerick that I could use for a calender for next year that I'm hoping to do for charity???

Anything of the city, sport, countryside or known spots would be most appreciated and can be captioned with the photographer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken

What's the charity, is all the money raised going to go to the charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Drop Stan a pm - any of his shots would be brill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

I have currently 117 albums of photos up on Picasa as part of My munsterimages.ie website. There are photos from Events around the county and also shots of Limerick and county towns etc.

They are all free to use and I have released them into the public domain so feel free to use any you wish. I have been uploading at full size since I upgraded my storage but if there are any older images too small that you need just let me know. There are good ones from Riverfest and I have an album called nice ones with a good selection in it.

The website is munsterimages.ie

or you can go directly into the albums at - http://picasaweb.google.com/munster.images

Good Limerick shots up in - http://picasaweb.google.com/Munster.Images/ImagesFromLimerick#

Pat.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

phog wrote: »
    That may be the case but you certainly cant just take the pic and use it without consent from the owner.

yes but you can easily contact the person that owns the pic, you should give it a browse, some really nice shots there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Make sure you state the TOU of the images, and would the Photographers retain the full rights to their images?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

might have one or two good shots once you give us the details of the charity..

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the interest and ideas.

Of course any pics obtained will only be used at the owners full permission and as previously mentioned can be acredited.

Charities will be the childrens ward in limerick regional, every year we gather toys from the staff and any bits we have ourselves and drop them up, would be nice to try donate something else aswell this year. We would also send something to local search and rescue (Limerick, kilkee and bally bunnion)

We would hope to also try get some of the pages sponsered to cover the cost of the printing. The printing is the only cost that has to be paid for, hopefully the sponsership should cover them so all proceeds then going to the charities.

There will be ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER costs to be paid for bar the printing, all design and administrtion would be done foc or covered by ourselves.

Many thanks for the help.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

CCSL wrote: »
    I have currently 117 albums of photos up on Picasa as part of My munsterimages.ie website. There are photos from Events around the county and also shots of Limerick and county towns etc.

They are all free to use and I have released them into the public domain so feel free to use any you wish. I have been uploading at full size since I upgraded my storage but if there are any older images too small that you need just let me know. There are good ones from Riverfest and I have an album called nice ones with a good selection in it.

The website is munsterimages.ie

or you can go directly into the albums at - http://picasaweb.google.com/munster.images

Good Limerick shots up in - http://picasaweb.google.com/Munster.Images/ImagesFromLimerick#

Pat.
    :D

Hey Pat...

Thanks for that, some v good ones there, my u get out and about :-)

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Hey Pat...

Thanks for that, some v good ones there, my u get out and about :-)

Ken

If the weather holds out should get some nice shots from the Custom and Performance Car Show Tomorrow.

:cool:

Advertisement