Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace period for pay and display parking?

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, hoping someone can help me! Just wondering if there is supposed to be a grace period for pay and display tickets in the city centre? Got a fine today but had only gone to put change in the machine...arrived back, ticket in hand, to find a warden already in the process of printing out a fine!! He had it time-stamped at 15.03, exactly the same time as my newly paid ticket! Going to call the office tomorrow and try appeal it but just wondering, is there usually a grace period so that people can get a ticket/change etc? One person told me 10 mins, one said 15 and another one said there's none! I'm not from the north so haven't a breeze myself!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Never heard of one either, not one that's written down anywhere anyway! I would assume it's a largely discretionary thing among the wardens.

How did you get on anyway with your 'appeal'?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 neilk

You'll be doing well to get it back I would say. I had something similar happen in Cork last year. Parked up on a street with other cars, no ticket machines or obvious signage. Came out of a shop 2 mins later and I'd been clamped. I was the only NI reg car in the street. It could be that they thought you'd just pay up as you'd need your car to get home.

Good luck with your appeal!

Advertisement