Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash in Limerick?

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where this is available? Anyone here play?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I dont play but a friend of mine plays at Limerick Lawn Tennis Club (at a high price IMO!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks will check it out, any idea of the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've played squash only once in my lifetime and actually enjoyed it.

I played in the CIE club Careys Road. Its ment to be a privite
    club but the lads I went with threw the bartender there a few quid (about a fiver per person for the night)
    and we were let play in the courts and he even let us book other nights. When we came back again though he pretended he did not recognise us and even though we saw him write down a spot booked for the court he said Nope someone else had booked it. (I think when CIE members were about he did not want to be seen letting non members use the facilities) Not sure what the offical policy of the place is....
    ie if you can walk in off the street and pay for court time etc.

catholic institute in greenfields/rosbrien??? off Childrens road do Squash but I'm not sure if they let non-members play.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~catholicinstitutehc/index.htm

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cheers will check that out also!

Yeah it's a great game alright, very intense :P Used to play in UL before they got rid of the courts (was free too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Its very different to other sports that use a ball insofar as
    its pretty amazing how much the ball just does not want to bounce, so once it hits the floor you've only one shot at giving it a right ol whack!

I'm not a sporty type of person, I hate Football and Rugby etc and have Zero interest, my sports are pretty weird
    like Fencing, Orienteering, Target Shooting (so not popular with the general masses or wont pack stadiums full of fans)

Squash however was pretty intense, fast paced and you could really really put all your energy into giving the ball a
    good hard whack! Dont have the time to take up the sport to try it again (way too many hobbies and interests that leave me zero free time)
    but would be interested to know of there are other places in Limerick where it could be played for a once in a blue moon type of pay and play type thing.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I started playing a bit about a year ago, I play in the Limerick Lawn Tennis Club, if you're under 28 it costs €280 a year to be a member. It's a great game, very intense all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Also available in the Catholic Insitute (I hate the name of that place).
    Not sure what their prices are, but i'm joining there myself soon for a bit of squash and tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Not sure what their prices are, but i'm joining there myself soon for a bit of squash and tennis.

No fixed prices, they just have a collection at the end of each match.

gal_ny_moments_32.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Do you have to be a member to play?
    Got a number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Do you have to be a member to play?
    Got a number for them?
    I think you have to be a member to play, but they have no problem letting you in for free for a night so you can check out the facilities.
    I am hoping to head up there to join myself during the week, and will get you any info that I can and post it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think you have to be a member to play, but they have no problem letting you in for free for a night so you can check out the facilities.
    I am hoping to head up there to join myself during the week, and will get you any info that I can and post it here.

ok cheers, not sure I want to become a member though, just really want to play a game of squash occasionally with friends.

Advertisement