Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible 3 customer service

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Haven't even put a 3 sim in a phone yet and already the shít has hit the fan. My girlfriend just moved over from Holland and wanted to go on skype and stuff to stay in touch with family and friends so decided to get the icq mini on 3. We saw that it was a tenner cheaper online and came with 50 euro free credit, so we were gonna do that, but today we passed a 3 shop and went in to have a look at it. We asked if we could have the 50 euro free credit offer that was online, and the guy working there said that that offer had finished ages ago, and it was never 50 euro outright, that it came in instalments when you top-up etc. Fair enough we thought, we'll buy it now for convenience sake and pay the extra tenner, as according to the staff, that was the only benefit. Now i get home, double check the 3 website, and low and behold there is 50 euro credit pre-loaded on the phone if you buy it online. I ring customer services and they say they're very sorry, and to bring the phone back to the shop tomorrow. I ring the 3 shop on Henry Street, and the person there doesn't know which member of staff I'm talking about until i spell his name. She then says, 'well you can't bring it back unless it's broken.' I said, 'well I can if it was deliberately misrepresented when it was sold to me.' and she says to come in tomorrow when the manager is there. Now, I'm presuming if i trek into town tomorrow everything will be sorted by a manager? Please, somebody, reassure me. (Sorry about the long post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

You are not alone.. until today i had only good experience ab. three..

I bought 2 mnths ago Pay as you go broadband and Pay as you go sim card.(in 3store)

Sim cards was installed in the store to 3g dongle and to my handset(that i also bought at the sametime)

Everything was very well until today..

I upgraded my Pay as you go phone to Bill pay..

I got my phone, and i called to Three customer service to transfer my Pay as you go nr to my new contract.

BUT.. they told me that i have been using my broadband simcard in my handset, and for that reason i cant have my old number.

So, the 3Store staff had mixed the sim cards.

Personally i cant understand, what the difference is with these sim cards.
    I checked the packages, and they seems similar out, only the phonenr and simcard nr are different.

I got very rude service from Three, and finally the indian guy hangd up the phone. And this time, i have to say, i was polite all the time (working in a call center myself) and did not do anything to provocate etc..
    I called again, and gave my bill pay nr, and asked to talk to a manager and got refused? There is no managers available at the moment.

I wrote them a email, and asked what is going here..
    Somebody has obv. a bad day.. (not me..)

and PS.. sorry if the grammatic is not correct, im orig. from Finland, as you can see fr my nickame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Haven't even put a 3 sim in a phone yet and already the shít has hit the fan. My girlfriend just moved over from Holland and wanted to go on skype and stuff to stay in touch with family and friends so decided to get the icq mini on 3. We saw that it was a tenner cheaper online and came with 50 euro free credit, so we were gonna do that, but today we passed a 3 shop and went in to have a look at it. We asked if we could have the 50 euro free credit offer that was online, and the guy working there said that that offer had finished ages ago, and it was never 50 euro outright, that it came in instalments when you top-up etc. Fair enough we thought, we'll buy it now for convenience sake and pay the extra tenner, as according to the staff, that was the only benefit. Now i get home, double check the 3 website, and low and behold there is 50 euro credit pre-loaded on the phone if you buy it online. I ring customer services and they say they're very sorry, and to bring the phone back to the shop tomorrow. I ring the 3 shop on Henry Street, and the person there doesn't know which member of staff I'm talking about until i spell his name. She then says, 'well you can't bring it back unless it's broken.' I said, 'well I can if it was deliberately misrepresented when it was sold to me.' and she says to come in tomorrow when the manager is there. Now, I'm presuming if i trek into town tomorrow everything will be sorted by a manager? Please, somebody, reassure me. (Sorry about the long post)

Hi Griffdaddy. I know you want reassurance and I want to give it to you but TBH three's customer service is beyond horrific. Look at the thread I created. On it I explain my terrible experience I had with them. I would post it here but its too long so here's the link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67063574&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify#post67063574 I left them straight away after that. Since your going to talk with a manager everything should go good :) I was in a sticky situation like that with Meteor before and the manager sorted it out immediately and gave me free credit as compensation for the hassle :) I really wish you the best of luck Hope everything goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,236 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

finnteme wrote: »

Go into a store tomorrow and ask them to call retail support and do an internal port from your pre pay broadband number to your bill pay number, they should be able to do this through retail support. Then use your old pre pay phone sim in your modem.
    If they can't do it, go into o2 get a free sim port your pre pay broadband number to them for an hour (o2 won't know it's a broadband number). Then go online to https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/forms/portingrequest.aspx and move your now o2 number back to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Go into a store tomorrow and ask them to call retail support and do an internal port from your pre pay broadband number to your bill pay number, they should be able to do this through retail support. Then use your old pre pay phone sim in your modem.
    If they can't do it, go into o2 get a free sim port your pre pay broadband number to them for an hour (o2 won't know it's a broadband number). Then go online to https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/forms/portingrequest.aspx and move your now o2 number back to 3.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunatly i gave up earlier, and told everyone my new number.. but i still want somekind of explanation from Three ab. this behaviour.

somebody, reassure me. (Sorry about the long post)

The guy in the store probably didn't know about the online only offer, If you've already ported a number to 3 it could get very messy and I would advise you to keep the phone you have rather than return it.
    If you buy from the web and something happens with the phone in the first month you'll be very sorry you didn't stay dealing with the store.

If you feel you were misled the manager will probably take back the phone but I doubt he'll be very happy about it considering your reason.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice, unfortunatly i gave up earlier, and told everyone my new number.. but i still want somekind of explanation from Three ab. this behaviour.

Somebody screwed up in the store it can happen, there's not much more anybody else can tell you. You can you back to the store and give out if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The guy in the store probably didn't know about the online only offer, If you've already ported a number to 3 it could get very messy and I would advise you to keep the phone you have rather than return it.
    If you buy from the web and something happens with the phone in the first month you'll be very sorry you didn't stay dealing with the store.

If you feel you were misled the manager will probably take back the phone but I doubt he'll be very happy about it considering your reason.

Well there was no number being ported and the sim that came with the phone hasn't been opened or anything, it should be straight forward enough. The manager was standing behind the guy when he did it, so I'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for the advise everyone, I'm starting to wonder if it's such a good idea to move to 3 at all now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chiefhappy

I'm starting to wonder if it's such a good idea to move to 3 at all now though.

Its not a good idea :rolleyes: Three put all of their effort into getting new customers and thereafter support is a nightmare. I was with them 3 months on their new payg plan and they lost my custom over a matter which could have been solved in 60 seconds flat (they texted me five times a day telling me my data add on was low when it was never low - only used 30mb of 250 mb a month max). I gave them three opportunites to sort this , phone, email and store and then gave up out of complete annoyance.

The really need to cop onto themselves and train their call centre team to listen instead of looking on screen for a random scripted response.

Overall their offerings have promise but their support is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You are not alone.. until today i had only good experience ab. three..

I bought 2 mnths ago Pay as you go broadband and Pay as you go sim card.(in 3store)

Sim cards was installed in the store to 3g dongle and to my handset(that i also bought at the sametime)

Everything was very well until today..

I got my phone, and i called to Three customer service to transfer my Pay as you go nr to my new contract.

BUT.. they told me that i have been using my broadband simcard in my handset, and for that reason i cant have my old number.

So, the 3Store staff had mixed the sim cards.

Personally i cant understand, what the difference is with these sim cards.
    I checked the packages, and they seems similar out, only the phonenr and simcard nr are different.

I got very rude service from Three, and finally the indian guy hangd up the phone. And this time, i have to say, i was polite all the time (working in a call center myself) and did not do anything to provocate etc..
    I called again, and gave my bill pay nr, and asked to talk to a manager and got refused? There is no managers available at the moment.

I wrote them a email, and asked what is going here..
    Somebody has obv. a bad day.. (not me..)

and PS.. sorry if the grammatic is not correct, im orig. from Finland, as you can see fr my nickame :)

Grammar is great; however, Pls stp this.;)

Really getting annoyed with the 3 alerts concerning low data, also finding my 3g reception is dropping out a fair bit for last 2 days -really annoying when you're trying to use data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sandwich1989

the website often has offers that the store can not and vice versa, the website and shops are kept very seperate, usually you can save a few quid doing the website stuff as they dont have store costs etc....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Really getting annoyed with the 3 alerts concerning low data,

Yeah what the hell is that about? As soon as I've used about 15MB of my 250MB I start getting these god damn messages EVERY TIME I use data.. (Thankfully I use wireless the majority of the time...)

3Alerts telling me my data is low when I've over 90% of my allowance left...

Advertisement