Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Benedict - Cnut or Genius?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Ah, bit of both IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Nazi Shmazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He's more evil than any evil described in the bible

Has the eyes of a killer too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Hes hardly subverting the church. Everything he spouts is just hardline Christian doctrine. He's as conservative as they come. If anything hes bringing the church closer to its true self. Its just that this doesnt sit well with our modern, secular lifestyles.

I dont want to sound like an apologist though. I love Pope Benny. Hes bringing the church down inch by inch and that can only be a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

For some reason with him as Pope I imagine the Vatican to be like something out of a Frankie Goes to Hollywood video. Welcome to the Pleasuredome and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

he was deadly in star wars

http://www.lolsauce.com/RandomBS/SithPope.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a cunt and a genius are useful, something that evil animal isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

There are a lot of good people doing a lot of good work on behalf of the Catholic Church, but he's not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

He's just a senile old man. Most of them are like that, its just that the catholic church, for some bizarre reason, decides to pick one of them and bestow infallibility upon them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't remember these threads on John Paul II and I was reading boards years before he died
    (under another username, lost it forever when boards got hacked)

Was he so different?
    Ratzinger after all was high profile when the last pope was around. Right hand man if you wish to call it that.
    Ok, was not a clear favourite to succeed as many including me thought an Italian cardinal would get it. But in the news constantly.

Were we just overawed with the last pope and his love for the young people of Ireland?
    One his last statements was he wished to visit Ireland before he died and I remember newspapers and boards gushing over this.

For sure, he didn't get a fraction of the cnut threads if any as Pope Benedict

OP, you cannot blame a young person in Germany for joining the Nazi Youth. It was that or come to special attention of the local authorities who start asking questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

this thread reminds me of a friend who tried convincing me charles manson is a genius. no, he is not. shut up and sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A sick twisted cunt, much like John Paul II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

ya I always thought he looked like he was related to the most evil peado priest we had here fr. Brendan smith

they gots the same eyes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least JPII had a bit of charm about him. Especially in his later days when he looked like he was been controlled with puppet strings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Where's the poll?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nothing to do with me any more. Him and all his bunch can sit and swivel for all I care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

At least JPII had a bit of charm about him. Especially in his later days when he looked like he was been controlled with puppet strings

he didnt have parkinsons, he was just getting jiggy:D

rot in hell JPII

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The Devil.

I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

'Sup Luci.

I think he's a horrible evil cowardly sack of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

JPII was very different to Benny. He always gave me the impression that he knew it was all a load of aul cobblers but sure if he could do some good on the back of it, so be it. Ratzinger on the other hand seems to prefer the high office, the dry dogma, the jaunty gowns and the POWER. My God i think he loves the power.

Sort of like a microcosm of Polish and German people in general :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

He looks kind of like a racoon though. And they were good in the cartoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm a believer of God, etc, but I certainly hope he comes to a painful ending, eg: An arrest of some sort.
    He totally deserves it, and he is in no way a genius. If anything he's the opposite. He can't even manage to run one church never mind the entire bunch of them.
    Especially trying to cover up the Child Abuse scandals, what I say is f*ck you chap, f*ck you!

Send him awaaaaaay! >_>

bronte wrote: »
    'Sup Luci.

I think he's a horrible evil cowardly sack of ****.

i nearly always agree with you bronte.

however, i just think it's too easy - i fcuking hate the church, i hate the people who work for it, the people who out money in the fcuking baskets etc. and most of all, I hate him.

i hate him for all the cnutish things he says and does, but lately I've just been thinking that it's just too easy. I'm honestly waiting for the twist ending where he turns around to the rest of the lads in the vatican's masturbatorium while they're under siege from Interpol and the expendables and says - "you're all under arrest."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

genericguy wrote: »
    i nearly always agree with you bronte.

however, i just think it's too easy - i fcuking hate the church, i hate the people who work for it, the people who out money in the fcuking baskets etc. and most of all, I hate him.

i hate him for all the cnutish things he says and does, but lately I've just been thinking that it's just too easy. I'm honestly waiting for the twist ending where he turns around to the rest of the lads in the vatican's masturbatorium while they're under siege from Interpol and the expendables and says - "you're all under arrest."

:pac: One lives in hope!

I'm waiting for the benny hill music to start playing.
    If I wasn't so pissed off it'd be hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

If he was a Cnut he would do something humble to prove to his slavish followers that he is not infallible.

However, I fear it is too late for that now. The tide has already turned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

A Cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

You can't have a name like Ratzinger and not be evil.

Anyway, leaving aside the covering up of paedophilia, belittlement of women etc. etc., how can a man who's the head of an organisation that clings to a fairytale be a genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

You know he takes it up the sh*tter yuss? :rolleyes:

You can't have a name like Ratzinger and not be evil.

Anyway, leaving aside the covering up of paedophilia, belittlement of women etc. etc., how can a man who's the head of an organisation that clings to a fairytale be a genius?

hence my idea that he could potentially be doing all this so publicly on purpose, to bring down the church from within.

besides, nobody who speaks german could possibly be a bad person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

He should pay for his own visit to the United Kingdom.

Advertisement