Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vBulletin software flaw

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Boards is using v3.8.5, the flaw concerns v3.8.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

However, the site will upgrade to the latest version and the technical team are already aware of this flaw and have patched it :)

There's no danger of that flaw being exploited on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Just another in a long line of recent compromises of VB that makes me want to chuck my subscription and plump for an open-source alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Massive flaw found in vBulletin and numerous forum sites are vulnerable to hacking so BBC decides to advertise to hackers that there's easy bait out there for them. Well done BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'd imagine your average "hacker" doesn't rely on the BBC to get his hacking news and skillz ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

A-Trak wrote: »
    I'd imagine your average "hacker" doesn't rely on the BBC to get his hacking news and skillz ;)
    Yeah but the two-bit amateurs on the prowl for "learning curves" and easy pickings would. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bonito wrote: »
    Yeah but the two-bit amateurs on the prowl for "learning curves" and easy pickings would. :pac:

BBC is the last place to know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm sure it was the 'hackers' that showed the exploit to the bbc, not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Even if they did get the details, boards servers are within a private network.

That said we were safe

Advertisement