Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non NGB (Eircom) Download Cap

• 22-07-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Just wondering with the rollout of the so-called NGB from Eircom and the enforcing of the download cap for people who moved onto this network if anyone not on the NGB (still on the old packages) have also been charged for going over the download limit? Or are Eircom only targeting the users on NGB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

they are only targeting NGB for now as far as i know they dont have plans to enforce caps on their normal packages as of yet but that could change

They're definitely not at the minute, anyway. I regularly go 600/700% over my 40GB cap and I've never been charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Dreading the day I see the Thread on here about them enforcing that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

what???

I am not upraged to NGB yet, still 3MB, so I can download 120GB in a weekend and not get charged?

CorkMan wrote: »
    what???

I am not upraged to NGB yet, still 3MB, so I can download 120GB in a weekend and not get charged?

As far as I'm aware, yes.

I've rang them several times, and each time they explained that if you're using far, far too much, eircom will send you out a letter telling you so. They'll warn you that if you go over your cap next month, you'll be charged, but you won't be charged for anything before this warning letter. I rang twice and got this answer from two different people, but both of them said that they've never heard of anybody getting this letter in the first place. So, according to them, you won't be charged out of the blue. For the last three months I've been getting closer to 400GB/month (1000% over my cap) and I've gotten no letter. I'm out in the country, though, so I doubt I'm affecting anybody by doing so. It might be different if you're in a more populated area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I've eircom with a 10gb cap!.. So if i exceed this i shouldnt get charged?

Was Sh*tting getting the bill after this month!

Advertisement