Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible to play xbla games offline

Options
  • 22-07-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

my xbox has no access to the internet and want to play the arcade games on the 360, my question is this.

Is there a way i can play the games without having to download them directly from microsoft thus connecting the machine to xbox live.possibly via usb, media disc etc.?

cheers in advance

Had a good luck online there and no joy with the info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

hey guys,

my xbox has no access to the internet and want to play the arcade games on the 360, my question is this.

Is there a way i can play the games without having to download them directly from microsoft thus connecting the machine to xbox live.possibly via usb, media disc etc.?

cheers in advance

I've absoloutely ZERO experience with XBL, never used it once. So I very well may be wrong, but I doubt there is any other way of getting them except through XBL. How else could you pay for them, and then if they could be transfered via other media they'd have the piracy concerns - so I really can't see it.

As I said though, I'm open for correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, you can, on a bone stock console too!

Only problem is, you can't unlock them without going online..

I doubt it's alright to post links here, but if you look around you can find them, or take them off a friends HDD. They don't need re-signing or anything, just drop them into the 00000000000 folder or burn to a CD and play them like you normally would (Game library).

Word of warning, they load really slow from a CD, either pick up a transfer cable, or take apart a 2.5" HD enclosure and use the Sata to USB convertor on that. You'll need Xplorer360 too, or something similar for your PC.

Good luck!

Wez wrote: »

I doubt it's alright to post links here, but if you look around you can find them, or take them off a friends HDD. They don't need re-signing or anything, just drop them into the 00000000000 folder or burn to a CD and play them like you normally would (Game library).

Word of warning, they load really slow from a CD, either pick up a transfer cable, or take apart a 2.5" HD enclosure and use the Sata to USB convertor on that. You'll need Xplorer360 too, or something similar for your PC.

Good luck!

Didn't know that Wez, cheers. But without access to the internet, the OP has no way to activate them by what your saying, so can the above help him in any way? i.e. without the net, is it a lost cause?

Well, you can play the arcade games as demo's, or just download demo's and play them. It's unlocking the full game that you need to go online for.. Or use Yaris swap + Jtag!

I've got a few on my Falcon just to try out, but it's nearly more of a challenge on some of them, that you can only play straight through, no saving mid-way!! :D

Just "unlocked" Trials HD there, so many levels to play now in comparison, but I just try ridiculous tricks etc to keep the 3 in the demo interesting. Not ideal, but handy because they're free and so easy to get working!

Oh yeh, they're the same files/demo's/Arcade games that you'd use on a Jtag, so if you plan on getting one, save the files somewhere to unlock them later. Also, I've no experience with XL, I only play on PS3 for online playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

hey guys,

cheers in advance

Your xbox needs to get access to the internet, on at least one occasion to download the games and activate them to enable offline play. Once this process is done (and it does only have to be done once as long as you play on the same console) you're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Wez wrote: »

Good luck!

cheers wez,

so just to clarify, if i was to get a full xbla game off a mates harddrive which, then i could take it off that hard drive and burn it on to a c.d. like one would with a demo disc(go through game library)
    this would trigger the game to work ya?

cheers wez,

so just to clarify, if i was to get a full xbla game off a mates harddrive which, then i could take it off that hard drive and burn it on to a c.d. like one would with a demo disc(go through game library)
    this would trigger the game to work ya?

This thread absolutely sounds like you're trying to get some free games - why does it matter if you were to get a full XBLA game from your friend?

To answer your question - if you were to get a full XBLA game from any source, the internet, a friend's hard drive or whatever you cannot play the full version of the game whether you chuck it on a CD or copy it to your own hard drive.

To play the full version with the 360 you'll have to buy it.

Cheers TV,

OP that's a conclusive answer, only demo's without unlocking them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cheers for taking the time out to post replys guys. appreciate it.

Yeh, that's exactly it, gotta buy them to play the full thing but you can take a "full" version and use it as a demo in yours.

If you can get the copy off a friends HDD, see if he'll put it onto yours using the same method (I'm presuming a fatx explorer + cable).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

You are all forgetting that there is XBLA CD out there. It has 6 games. There is a white & green version. They are full games and they run decently from the CD

Link 1

Link 2

You are all forgetting that there is XBLA CD out there. It has 6 games. There is a white & green version. They are full games and they run decently from the CD

Link 1

Link 2

I think you missed the real point of this thread.

Also, I know about those CDs, I have the unplugged CD myself. This wasn't really what the OP was asking about IMO ;)

Also, for those that don't know..

Check this out..

Apparently it's been around a while now and from reading around it works! I'm gonna try it later on a non J-tag and see how it goes.. Feel free to remove if it infringes any rules/guidelines!

Link temporarily removed while I check it's status against our charter. The info is freely available online, but the subject involves how to activate XBLA demos into full games - without paying for them, which seems to contravene our charter. It's actually more of a glitch than anything, but XBLA publishers would class it as theft.

A glitch has been discovered that will allow anyone who owns Modern Warfare 2 to play the full versions of certain arcade games.

The game will load up as a full version, Xbox Live play, achievements and all the games features will work perfectly.

Edited to keep it clean, thanks for the heads up EnterNow!

Advertisement