Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Blackberry 8310

Options
  • 22-07-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently got my hubbies blackberry that he no longer uses for work, it was registered on the blackberry network for business use, so i cant use the internet or my own email on it on prepay, questions: if i got it completely unlocked would this clear it ?? i was looking at another one on ebay and it states -

"The BIS PIN on this blackberry is unregistered so the
    e-mail and internet can be set up"

so this has got me thinking that it can be reset to use on pay as you go????

also he has removed it from the blackberry server in work too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Nixer95

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What network was he on? What prepay sim are you trying to use in it?

hi,

he was on vodafone, i am on 02, but i even changed to vodafone to try that but they wouldnt help as i am on prepay,

When you put the vodafone prepay sim in, did it work for calls and texts?

yep all sims work to send sms and make calls just no mms or internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I did have a Blackberry 8300 last year , - similar situation .

I rang O2 and they sent me the unlock code by text ( took about 2 weeks to come through )

I used the mobile as a pay as you go , and did'nt set up email/ internet .

Nixer95 wrote: »
    yep all sims work to send sms and make calls just no mms or internet

You should be able to browse on vodafone live like you would do any phone for 99cent per day.

no, there is not "internet" option, we have even changed the software to newer and older versions but it still wont give me the option to browse the internet, i do now have the option to mms just it wont work

You need to change the settings so it wants to connect to live.vodafone.com. Should be under TCP in the advanced options, then go and download opera mini

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

If he was using the phone for work, it may be configured for BES (blackberry enterprise server), where for personal use you'd be using BIS (blackberry internet service). A call to the network and they should be able to check and change it to BIS if needed and register it on their network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hi nixer95

While on prepay, you will not be able to use the email feature of the Blackberry. You can however use a 3rd party browser such as Opera Mini, and access webmail, or you can even use a Gmail app on the phone if you use Gmail.

BIS won't concern you, as this is only when you set it up on a contract and have the BIS add-on.

Advertisement