Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Bandwidth Usage Charts

• 22-07-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/cgi-bin/test.cgi?mac=&sitecode= Digiweb users should see it from that link

Has anyone else been noticing their chart changing entirely once or twice a day for the past few days?

Am I to assume at any given time that the figures stated on it are correct(ie. mine currently says I've used 8gb in the last 30 days, it has to've been more than that) or am I suppose to just try and ensure I'm staying within my limit by using as little bandwidth as possible?
    It's quite a nuisance, any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/cgi-bin/test.cgi?mac=&sitecode= Digiweb users should see it from that link

Has anyone else been noticing their chart changing entirely once or twice a day for the past few days?

Am I to assume at any given time that the figures stated on it are correct(ie. mine currently says I've used 8gb in the last 30 days, it has to've been more than that) or am I suppose to just try and ensure I'm staying within my limit by using as little bandwidth as possible?
    It's quite a nuisance, any help is much appreciated!

Nope, noticed nothing out of the ordinary other than obscene amounts of stuff being uploaded that wasn't me (or anyone on me end). Got me capped unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Working fine here and within 10% (always less) of my own OpenWRT based router stats.

Bonavox :
    (Assuming Windows rather than Mac or Linux)
    Check what you have loading / running using www.silentrunners.org
    Check for root kits with http://www.gmer.net/
    IF XP you should be on SP3
    IF Vista, upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows XP pro SP3
    IF NT4, Win95, Win98, WinME or Win2K see if your PC supports XP (min 384RAM recommended for SP3) or Upgrade PC!
    Run Microsoft/Windows update and let the Malicious Software detect & Remove tool run.

IF Mac or Linux, then google for appropriate tools. They are no more secure, just less enemies :)

If you have WiFi, check it's WPA with at least 20 characters of mixed Upper, lower and numeric gibberish of a key.

"obscene amounts of stuff being uploaded" often suggests a spambot. My experience over last five years is that the Digiweb Traffic monitor either works or is broken for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Actually if you have no Firewall, or a Firewall with ports opened for Skype, then if you leave a PC running for long periods regularly with Skype you will be used as a Supernode, which creates significant upstream traffice. At lower levels of availability Skype will use you as an ad hoc node.

Skype relies on users PCs more than on it's own servers, esp. to relay.

if everything else is clean see if skype is the culprit. It was doing about 5G a month or more here both ways before we blocked it. We still use Skype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Left digiweb last year as there bandwith calculations were nuts.They wouldn`t accept du meter logs, so I left.Very poor company to deal with .

Advertisement