Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 8Mb/s Value Broadband

• 22-07-2010 11:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9

Ok, so I recently left UTV and I'm currently moving to vodafones Value Broadband package. When looking at there website I noticed all their packages were stated as up to 8Mb/sec, there were no lesser packages. I live in Co. Louth and have previously been getting a consistent 2.6Mb/s on my 3meg line.

Vodafones up to 8Mb/s pricing, is much lower than some of its competitors and I'm slightly sceptical as what to expect. I previously thought 7.2Mb/s was the max on my exchange in Ardee.

Should there be an emphasis on the "up to" or can I really expect to be getting close to 8Mb/s as this seems to good to be true for €40/month.

Anyone have any experience or heard any opinions on this service?

Thanks,
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

vodagrown are a rotten bunch of c#*t's to deal with, if you look around the vodafone section youll see this

you need to give more info like whats your line attenuation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dazdrog wrote: »
    vodagrown are a rotten bunch of c#*t's to deal with, if you look around the vodafone section youll see this
    1 billion +

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 conor_mac

Vodagrown, I love it! Yea I've heard bad things about there support, although I had no issues...yet. As for line attenuation, I don't have easy management to my DSL router as I'm using a DD-WRT router in PPPoE mode. But I'll have a look this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DavidEE

I pay for 3mb broadband from Vodafone and about 2 months ago I received a letter saying they were going to upgrade to 8mb for free and no action was required by me. The 8mb never happened so I phoned them for the story. Their customer rep said "oh you want the free upgrade to 8mb" and transferred me to a different company to sign up for a new contract. Strange that... no action, changes to sign up for another contact!! On the same topic an Eircom rep phoned me the other day saying their 8mb service has no contention (Bray Exchange) and that with Vodafone you can be sharing your 8mb with up to 48 other people. Any one have any info on that?

Advertisement