Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pound for Pound top 10 Fighters?

• 23-07-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Who is your Pound for Pound top 10 Fighters?

1. Anderson Silva (26-4)

2. Georges St. Pierre (20-2)

3. Jose Aldo (17-1)

4. B.J. Penn (15-6-1)

5. Frankie Edgar (12-1)

6. Jon Fitch (22-3, 1 NC)

7. Rashad Evans (15-1-1)

8. Jake Shields (25-4-1)

9. Brock Lesnar (5-1-0)

10. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (19-4, 3-2 UFC)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gekko74 wrote: »
    Who is your Pound for Pound top 10 Fighters?

1. Anderson Silva (26-4)

2. Georges St. Pierre (20-2)

3. Jose Aldo (17-1)

4. B.J. Penn (15-6-1)

5. Frankie Edgar (12-1)

6. Jon Fitch (22-3, 1 NC)

7. Rashad Evans (15-1-1)

8. Jake Shields (25-4-1)

9. Brock Lesnar (5-1-0)

10. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (19-4, 3-2 UFC)

Are they yours?

No Gerard Moussasi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

How is a guy whose biggest asset is his size in a p4p list? P4P = skill set if everyone was the same size. Are you seriously saying Lesnar is the 9th most skilled mixed martial artist in the world? Rashad at 7? So, say if Rashad fought Fedor at their walkaround weights, which I presume is somewhat similar, then Rashad would win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Gekko74

Jayo_M wrote: »
    How is a guy whose biggest asset is his size in a p4p list? P4P = skill set if everyone was the same size. Are you seriously saying Lesnar is the 9th most skilled mixed martial artist in the world? Rashad at 7? So, say if Rashad fought Fedor at their walkaround weights, which I presume is somewhat similar, then Rashad would win?

I see you haven't given your top 10.

This is my opinion. This is based on current results. Who's Fedor fought of worth since 2006? His last six fights have been, Matt Lindland 04/07, Hong-Man Choi 12/07, Tim Sylvia 07/08, Arlovski 01/09, Brett Rogers 11/09 and Werdum 06/10. Now he won all those fight bar the first time he meets some one with skill. A current pound for pound is based on recent results and Fedor's dont't stack up. Lesnar's competition has been real. I'm not a fan of Lesnar but the facts stand up for themselves. He lost his first fight through naivety and since then has powered through the competition. Rashad evans has only been beaten by Machida the former champion and Evans has a who's who of victories on his record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

this isn't sherdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Gekko74

this isn't sherdog

I don't get ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Genki Sudo

HAHA @ Lesnar on a P4P list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Gekko74 wrote: »
    I see you haven't given your top 10.

This is my opinion. This is based on current results. Who's Fedor fought of worth since 2006? His last six fights have been, Matt Lindland 04/07, Hong-Man Choi 12/07, Tim Sylvia 07/08, Arlovski 01/09, Brett Rogers 11/09 and Werdum 06/10. Now he won all those fight bar the first time he meets some one with skill. A current pound for pound is based on recent results and Fedor's dont't stack up. Lesnar's competition has been real. I'm not a fan of Lesnar but the facts stand up for themselves. He lost his first fight through naivety and since then has powered through the competition. Rashad evans has only been beaten by Machida the former champion and Evans has a who's who of victories on his record.

I respectfully disagree. Lesnar fought once in a year, against Carwin. Who has Carwin beaten? Mir? Who has Mir beaten? Kongo, zombie Nog? Who has Nog beaten since 2006? Herring, Tim Sylvia (who you claim isn't worth anything) and Couture? Who has Couture beaten at heavyweight since 2006? Sylvia (again, who you claim is worthless) and Gonzaga?

It's easy to discredit Fedor's wins with some revisionist history, but at the end of the day, if you're going to use that criteria against him then why not use it against everybody? Evans is 7 on your p4p but Machida isn't? Where's the logic? Rua is below Evans who just dismantled Machida. And Rashad's record does NOT read like a who's who of LHW. I really can't see any consistent criteria in your picks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

this isn't sherdog

It can be some times. :pac:

Mine would be,

1, Anderson Silva
    2, Georges St. Pierre
    3, Fedor Emelianenko
    4, Mauricio Shogun Rua
    5, Jose Aldo
    6, Jake Shields
    7, Gerard Mousasi
    8, BJ Penn
    9, Lyoto Machida
    10, Jon Fitch

Make of that what you wish. Fitch may have made it in there because of a man crush. I begrudgingly put Shields in even though he's such a boring fighter.

Advertisement