Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

A real mixed bag today.

I really blew the Himalya bet...I need to let go of that.

Rumoush was a good price at 9/1 but shes finished for the season and her last effort obviously took its toll - I really should have considered that before making the bet.

Dayia travelled well and then blew up while
    Aaim to Prosper owes me nothing now.

Kaua'i Girl deserves a wide berth but the ground was cut up today. Even so she was disappointing even staying on through beaten horses.

The ground beat Zefooha especially after being cut up through the day. GF only for her.

Motrice and Tastahil didn't let me down. Akmal gave a fright travelling like a train but the weight eventually told.

All in all not a bad day.

Bank: -5.2

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Nulty wrote: »
    Cesarewitch

Newmarket 3.40

Impossible to find anything at massive prices and I'd rather have something that is likely to stay the trip. Course form is useful and, requiring all the help I can get, trainer form also encouraging. Two who fit the bill on at least one of these are:

Aaim To Prosper 1pt @ 22/1 Bet365

Cracker mate, well done. Just seeing this now. :)

Canadian International

Woodbine Race 9 10 (10.03)

Joshua Tree .5pts @ 7/1 Will Hill

May add another .5pts on the American tote sepending on the prices.

Gets lasix for the first time, ground is nice and forgiving and he is a very decent animal. judging by what lasix did for Serious Attitude. I wonder what Rip would have achieved if he had lasix at the BC last year...

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cracker mate, well done. Just seeing this now. :)

Thanks Pyro. I was wrong about the "massive price" comment though!;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

How come? 22/1 is massive IMO.

Seriously shout though, pity mine never got a chance to scare you. :(

:pac:

• Advertisement

Its all relative. 22/1 in a 32 runner handicap is not massive - 50/1 is. If they were all handicapped perfectly despite the draw bias, they'd all be 31/1

@ log

I've found that if your backing horses consistently for more than a year or two, there are relatively few horses of any worth that you haven't backed. Reganne wins the E. P Taylor stakes (10/1) and yes, I have backed her before :P Not today though

Canadian International

Woodbine Race 9 10 (10.03)

Joshua Tree .5pts @ 7/1 Will Hill

May add another .5pts on the American tote sepending on the prices.

Gets lasix for the first time, ground is nice and forgiving and he is a very decent animal. judging by what lasix did for Serious Attitude. I wonder what Rip would have achieved if he had lasix at the BC last year...

What was I thinking? A better price on the US tote!? only 9/2...only .5pts :rolleyes:

Bank: -1.7

Edit:
    Best day of the thread in terms of winners! 3 in one day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good call on Joshua Tree Nulty. Gets in to the BC now,hope he stays in training next year,could be a very exciting under rated Ballydoyle horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

well done,

• Advertisement

Kempton 4.35

Katchit .5pt @ 7/2 Bet365

Champion hurdler of 2008 who to be fair is looking to be too good a distance racer these days. Up against Australia Day who won a Listed race by 19l last time and is fit from summer racing. Obvious shout there but he's a bit too short for me. I can see many things can justify AD being a very short price but with a horse like Katchit in the field I think 7/2 is a decent price to chance with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

forgot I did a 4 point accumulator a few days ago

Breeders Cup Mile & Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Turf

Midday @ evens
    Goldikova @ 6/4
    Double @ 4/1

I also did one with the same selections with Frankel @ 2/1 (2,00 Guineas), Zenyatta @ 5/1 (BC Classic)

4-Fold @ 89/1

well done on yesterdays picks.

i've had it in my head to do the goldi midday double for ages.
    I think midday is just about bulletproof in that race

nice looking price on zenyatta also given how impressive
    she was last year though i see she's much shorter now.

mailburner wrote: »
    well done on yesterdays picks.

i've had it in my head to do the goldi midday double for ages.
    I think midday is just about bulletproof in that race

nice looking price on zenyataa also given how impressive
    she was last year though i see she's much shorter now.

Trainer has come out and said she's even better on dirt! Not a bad thing to say whether you believe it or not. Better than a word of warning.

Pontefract 3.40

Angus Newz 1pt @ 20/1 Bet365

Really tough handicap and most prices look about right except Angus Newz. Franny Norton has been on for 7 of her 15 career wins and seems to get the best out of her. She stays a good 6f and has a decent amount of pace on a going day. Shes won off much higher marks but tends to be a little unpredicatable. Shes reasonably drawn in the middle (stall 6) and races handily which is what is really necessary at Pontefract over the minimum distance. She goes on any ground and it will be on the easy side of good tomorrow and Micky Quinn has had a couple of his horses run well lately. If she doesn't start well I'll know the games up. She'll need to get out into the first 5 at the bend to stand a chance but 20/1 allows for risks to be taken

Angus Newz Non Runner

Windsor 4.00

Grissom and Go Go Green 1pt RFC

Two who are sure to be up pushing the pace and IMO are the most likely winners. Could be a nice payday if they come in first and second, maybe around 30/1?

Windsor 5.30

Ting Ting 1pt ew @ 16/1 VC

With new trainer after good run last time. Beaten only by two subsequent winners and looks over priced to me.

Go Go Green Non runner

Haven't watched the race yet but Ting Ting was beaten out of sight.

Lingfield 4.30

Freddies Girl 1pt @ 9/1 VC (GP)

Course and distance winner in January and has mostly been tried over 6f since. Twice in August he ran at Lingfield, hit the front a furlong out and got caught finishing second. A drop back to 5f might do the trick for him today and he has the benefit of John Fahy on his back taking a valuable 5lbs off. Theres obviously something I'm missing here though - his price is too big to be comfortable with. Perhaps he is a 6f horse weighted to his best and doesn't have the pace for 5f. Not better way to find out though!

EDIT
    He's dropping in class also and is down 2lbs from his last run and drawn 1

Easy-peezy! Lucky Ajjaadd missed the break and jock lost an iron!

148.Spa's Dancer | 5th| 1 Win| 8/1| | -24.4
    149.My Little Star | 4th| .25 ew| 12/1| | -24.9
    150.Pittodrie Star | 4th| .5 Win| 13/2| | -25.4
    151.L'Hermitage | 9th| 2 Win| 7/2| | -27.4
    152.War Party | PU| 1 ew| 8/1| | -29.4
    153.Shavansky | 4th| 2 ew| 25/1| | -18.9
    154.Webbow | 22nd| 1 ew| 25/1| | -20.9
    155.Imperial Guest | 4th| 1 ew| 14/1| | -18.4
    156.Times Up | 2nd| .5 ew| 6/1| | -18.2
    157.Himalya | 8th| 2 Win| 20/1| | -20.2
    158.Dayia | 24th| 1 Win| 20/1| | -21.2
    159.Aaim To Prosper | 1st| 1 Win| 22/1| | +0.8
    160.Delegator | 4th| -| 2/1| 0.2 L15| -
    160.Saamid | 6th| -| 6/1| +| -
    160.Poets Voice | 9th| -| 11/2| +| -
    160.Abtasaamah | 10th| -| 5/1| +| -2.2
    161.Kaua'i Girl | 9th| 1 ew| 20/1| | -4.2
    162.Wayward Prince | NR| 1 Win| 11/4| | -4.2
    163.Rumoush | 9th| 2 Win| 9/1| | -6.2
    164.Zefooha| 7th| 2 Win| 9/2| | -8.2
    165.Tastahil | 1st| -| | .5 RFC| -
    165.Motrice| 2nd| -| | +| -5.2
    166.Joshua Tree | 1st| .5 Win| 7/1| | -1.7
    167.Katchit| 2nd| .5 Win| 7/2| | -2.2
    168.Angus Newz| NR| 1 Win| 20/1| | -2.2
    169.Grissom | 2nd| -| -| 1 RFC| -
    170.Go Go Green| NR| -| -| +| -2.2
    170.Ting Ting| 16th| 1 ew| 16/1| | -4.2
    171.Freddies Girl| 1st| 1 Win| 9/1| | +4.8

Bank: +4.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ha,,never knew you backed him aswel...;)
    i tipped him too in the 'tips for a nag' tread,http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68585478#post68585478

got word for him today at around 4pm...got well backed into 6-1...i got him at 9s so alls good..

great to see ya back in the profit,thoroughly deserved....:)

• Advertisement

Ffos Las 3.40

Lily Again 1pt @ 12/1 PP (GP)

Like yesterday John Fahy takes 5lbs off the horses burden. This is a tricky race but I figure there could be a decent amount of pace with at least two who like to go from the front. Las time Fahy was on Lily Again, he held her up and they won. She did that off todays mark but on the AW. She likes the ground nice and firm and doesn't look as if shes ready to stop progressing. Shes won 4 times over a mile this year and with many of her rivals having question marks or having to show improvement or just not having won in over 2 years I think she is a solid selection at the prices for a jockey chasing the apprentice title.

Ffos Las 4.45

Olynard 1pt @ 20/1

All his wins have come on fast ground and his last few have come on ground that doesn't work for him and as a consequence he has fallen 3lbs in the handicap. He beat a few in this race off this mark at Chepstow and has a 3lbs claimer on board today. He's not drawn very well but his price makes up for that and more. He's won off this mark or higher twice and it seems right for him. Chance taken at nice odds.

RFC's To Be Confirmed! Not staked yet!

Kuanyo and Olynard .5pt RFC
    Kuanyo and Tellelle .5pt RFC

Kuanyo hasn't been beaten in 6 consecutive starts dating back to Sept '09 and hasn't been out of the first 3 in 10 races dating back to May '09. It's good sense to put him in some multiples. I've picked Olynard due to potential price at the off and Liam McAteers shipper from Ireland who looks to need soft ground but he has only one horse with him today and he's 2-7 in 5f to 6f races in UK for a 5 year record and 2-4 in the past two months. He ought to be there or there abouts.

If only I got paid for picking non runners!

Olynard Non Runner

Ffos Las 4.45

Olynard 1pt @ 20/1

All his wins have come on fast ground and his last few have come on ground that doesn't work for him and as a consequence he has fallen 3lbs in the handicap. He beat a few in this race off this mark at Chepstow and has a 3lbs claimer on board today. He's not drawn very well but his price makes up for that and more. He's won off this mark or higher twice and it seems right for him. Chance taken at nice odds.

RFC's To Be Confirmed! Not staked yet!

Kuanyo and Olynard .5pt RFC
    Kuanyo and Tellelle .5pt RFC

Kuanyo hasn't been beaten in 6 consecutive starts dating back to Sept '09 and hasn't been out of the first 3 in 10 races dating back to May '09. It's good sense to put him in some multiples. I've picked Olynard due to potential price at the off and Liam McAteers shipper from Ireland who looks to need soft ground but he has only one horse with him today and he's 2-7 in 5f to 6f races in UK for a 5 year record and 2-4 in the past two months. He ought to be there or there abouts.

Taken the Kuanyo and Tellelle RFC

Just watched the Ffos Las 3.40 and while the horse looked well out of league, I had hoped he'd be dropped in like Fahy's last go on him. She started early and raced to handy. All the first home came from the back. With the exception of the winner who was placed about 7th and inline with Night Lily.

The first four after a furlong finished 10th, 7th, 13th and 12th

Ffos Las 4.45
    Kuanyo Non runner

Bank: +3.8

Doncaster 3.55

Quest For Success 1pt @ 14/1 Bet365 (GP)

QFS has has a pretty ordinary season but was talked up by Tom O'Ryan before the Ayr GC. He fairly disappointed that day but he tends to turns up at Doncaster. He's has 2 bad runs and a weakish run last time but he's down an aggregate 4lbs here from that run. I have full faith in Biscuits cause he's chasing the apprentice title and the horse is drawn favourably middle to high but close enough to the pace which seems to be congregated in the middle of the track.

Tempted by Singeur but can't bring my self to put money anywhere near him

Dundalk 7.00

Invincible Ash 1pt @ 8/1 PP (GP)

Has run plenty of times at Dundalk and won a few. Tends to either run well or awfully there. She's been in great form this year though and may not be done yet. She's and each way price but I'm taking her on the nose. She has a nice draw and the Halford yard are not doing too badly for just one win and a string of seconds in the past 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Dundalk 7.00

Invincible Ash 1pt @ 8/1 PP (GP)

Has run plenty of times at Dundalk and won a few. Tends to either run well or awfully there. She's been in great form this year though and may not be done yet. She's and each way price but I'm taking her on the nose. She has a nice draw and the Halford yard are not doing too badly for just one win and a string of seconds in the past 2 weeks.

Sweet! Well done mate, very consistent horse since the summer.

Bank: +10.8

• Advertisement

Doncaster 1.55

Duchess Dora 1pt ew

Has fallen in the handicap and run reasonably well recently. Bad performance came at Doncaster over 6f but will be better at 5f. Drawn high is a plus and around 20/1 could be value. Quinns horses are going well and she ought not to be bothered by the overnight rain.

Bet Not made yet

Advertisement