Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Bollocks, missed the 10/1 offered by Will Hill earlier :mad:

Lingfield 3.10

Super Sleuth 2pts @ 7/1

In the tracker since raced last time and this was the main aim. Certainly has the ability to take this despite maiden status. Meehan in such good form at the back end of the season.

disappointing from Super Sleuth. 6th.

Brick Red on Saturday Newmarket 2PM - 2pts at best morning price...can some one post it here? I'll be away but I'll be getting the bet on. make sure its a Guaranteed Price firm. Thanks.

Have a good weekend

Brick Red 4pts @ 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Nulty wrote: »
    Brick Red 4pts @ 6/1

Nice!

Bank: +44.97

• Advertisement

****! Barack at Leopardstown on Sunday...
    Horse Tracker

Barack (IRE)

ran at Leopardstown on Sunday 31st Oct

26 SEP 2010 – Only for Leopardstown

Result: Win @ 16/1 :(

Away all weekend and didn't check the emails

Cheltenham Gold Cup Ante Post

Pandorama 2pt ew @ 33/1 VC (1/4 Odds, 3 Places)

Going for a nice build up through a second-season chase this weekend at Down Royal and then taking on the Hennessey field that is likely to include Denman and Kauto Star. He'll get a nice weight in that if either of them start. He will need to get some sort of cut come March but in my opinion he is the most likely challenger to the old guard. He's got an incredible record of only two defeats in an 11 race careers. His only beating was at the hands of Mikael D'Haganauet who could be the best novice in training. That was over 2m4f hurdle and Pandorama will be better over fences at staying distances. His one try over 3m resulted in the defeat of runaway RSA winner Weapons Amnesty. That form looks under valued and depending on his trainers plans 33/1 looks a very nice price for a very promising horse ready to take on the established Gold Cup standards.

Negs
    Ground
    Guaranteed start

Exeter 2.35

Somersby 2pts @ 11/4 Will Hill

6yo up and coming middle distance chaser has plenty enough speed to compete at 2 1/4m. Hes never been out of the first three in his career showing huge consistency with fluent and reliable jumping. Exeter should prove no issues for him in that he ran well at a similar track in Sandown last year. He has star quality and starts his post novice chasing career in a competitive but winnable race. Twist Magic holds top weight keeping four horses out of the handicap while Somersby gets in unpenalised. Planet Of Sound won this last year after fiinishing 3rd in the Arkle the previous season. Somersby was narrowly denied in 2nd last season by Sizing Europe perhaps due to inexperience. Though he may have more learning to do, he will be ready to go in a Grade 2 at a distance that will probably suit perfectly at this stage of his career.

Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Turf Ante Post

Hibaayeb 1pt @ 20/1 VC

Hibaayeb in the Filly and Mares Turf shouldn't be 20/1 if the gound is suitable. I don't know what the weather is like yet but if its GF or Firm shes got a decent chance. She patently hates anything other than Fast ground and definitely a bet if thats what she gets.

It looks like Hibaayeb should get her ground with the turf course at Churchill Downs described as Firm. She is an attractive ew price but I have an interest in Midday already so this is basically just a saver. Her performances on fast ground are totally different to those with give and a good enough reason to send her to the states. She ran on Salix in the Yellow Ribbon satkes and won. That was a Grade one so she obviously handles the tight US tracks.

Bank: +42.97

• Advertisement

Nottingham 2.55

Pittodrie Star 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365

Had this one down as a goer in heavy enough ground and he was pulled I think the last time he was due to run.

Latest Update

172.Night Lily| 5th| 1 Win| 9/1| | +3.8
    173.Quest For Success| 15th| 1 Win| 16/1| | +2.8
    174.Invincible Ash| 1st| 1 Win| 8/1| | +10.8
    175.Duchess Dora| 17th| 1 ew| 22/1| | +8.8
    176.Casamento| 1st| 2 Win| 100/30| | +15.47
    177.Galtymore Lad| 3rd| 3 Win| 13/8| | +12.47
    178.Moyenne Corniche| 16th| 1 ew| 16/1| | +10.47
    179.Culcabock| 8th| 1 Win| 16/1| | +9.47
    180.Blek| 5th| 1 Win| 8/1| | +8.47
    181.Solway Sam| 7th| 1 Win| 7/1| | +7.47
    182.Tramantano| 3rd| 2 Win| 11/4| | +5.47
    183.Harriets Girl| 9th| 1 ew| 14/1| | +3.47
    184.South Cape| 1st| 3 Win| 13/2| | +22.97
    185.Super Sleuth| 3rd| 2 Win| 7/1| | +20.97
    186.Brick Red| 1st| 4 Win| 6/1| | +44.97
    187.Somersby | 3rd| 2 Win| 11/4| | +42.97
    188.Pittodrie Star | 2nd| 1 Win| 7/1| | +41.97

Kempton 6.30

Queen Of Cash 1pt @ 4/1 PP (GP)

In my tracker as one to back on handicap debut. Form isn't outstanding but puts him theoretically 5l behind Breeders Cup Entry Tale Untold at a stretch. R. Hughes takes the ride.

Bank: +45.97

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

good man,,just keep backing "my" selections and you should be fine....:pac:

only messin,keep up the good work,your flying it now..;)

coughlan08 wrote: »
    good man,,just keep backing "my" selections and you should be fine....:pac:

only messin,keep up the good work,your flying it now..;)

The old horse tracker is paying dividends these days. Still pissed I missed Barack at Leopardstown...I was waiting for that for over a month and a half and I was in Manchester over the weekend and missed to email.

Oh well.

Breeders Cup Montage (cue music...)

Mile

Sidneys Candy 1pt @ 12/1 VC

This horse looks like a serious contender in the Mile. He's broken two track records and was heralded as the guaranteed winner of the Kentucky Derby as a two year old and earlier in the season by many. He bombed out as 3rd fav on the dirt but broke anoth track record over 9f at Del Mar last time on a firm turf surface. His time is said by some pros as being close to a world record. The main angle here is that he will go off in front and blitz the field. Its a sharp (like all american tracks) inner turf course at Churchill Downs and with a short straight its very difficult to go wide and make up ground for a closer. He will have many factors in his favour and will be the one that Goldikova has to catch. It'll be interesting to see what tactics the versatile French mare adopts to cope with her wide draw and need to catch this speed demon.

Juvenile Fillies Turf (Friday)

Winter Memories 2pt @ 5/2 PP (GP)

There isn't a huge amount to go on. The other American turf fillies haven't been talked up whatsoever so the only danger is likely to come from Hannons Tale Untold. Winter Memories has had two starts and shes undefeated. The first came in a good time at Saratoga when she won easily. Her second start resulted in a 5l smashing in a G3 on Good to Soft. The pace wasn't very fast and she was a little keen but easily settled one from the back. When she made her move, the jock just slipped a little rein and she responded. Going round the turn she was 5 wide and when the jock pushed her out she exploded. She looks special and all the experts are understandably keen on her. I'm going in too. Her turn of foot will give her the edge on the tiny straight in the states

November Handicap

Shavansky 1pt ew @ 40/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 5 Places GP)

Backed this one last time because the price was too big and thats why I'm going in again. He hasn't got a massively obvious chance but doesn't deserve to be 50/1 certainly. He's been in form lately bar some attempts at 8f at Ascot. He hasn't got the greatest record on soft but then he hasn't run on it very often. He ran creditably over hurdles on soft ground and and also at Goodwood over 9f. This won't be soft because Doncaster drains very well and there hasn't been much rain whatsoever. His last effort at Nottingham saw him staying on well and with his hurdling past and lack of tries at 12f he could be making improvements over a distance. All his wins have come at 10f and his recent effort at Goodwood shows he may have nothing to fear on the surface. He regularly outruns bigs odds and hopefully he can give a return at large odds.

Thin Red Line 2pts ew @ 33/1 PP (1/4 Odds, 5 places GP)

Good form behind Senate over course and distance lately. Has won over 12f on the polytrack and on ground with give in it at Chester in May. He's dropped a pound from that form with Senate. Tom Eaves on whos won that one at Chester and looks over priced in a very competitive field. He appears not to like extremes of ground and I'll excuse any run at Ascot. I'm very forgiving. Having showed a liking for the course, no issue with the distance or ground and while no obviously well handicapped, he looks overpriced and so I'll enjoy the healthy return when he wins.

Any one of Sirvino, Times Up, The Betchworth, Classic Vintage or Jo'Burg could win it. or half a dozen others for that matter.

Hello log

• Advertisement

Middays second blew my big payday and Winter Memories 2nd blew my recovery and Hibaayeb was just crap.

Bank: +34.97

I've backed
    Newmarket 5.50

Times Up .5pts ew @ 6/1 PP (GP)

This one is waiting to happen but Willing Foe looks smart. He ought to place at least though.

God I hate second guessing myself. Furious doesn't tell the half of it :(

Bank: +27.97

Lost 18pts over the weekend! :eek:

Fortria Chase

Golden Silver 2pts @ 5/2 PP (GP)

I'm a massive fan of Golden Silver and while he may not have the class of Big Zeb, he loves heavy ground and theres no stopping him in it. At the prices I can't see why he's not a bet at 5/2. He was beaten by BZ in a similar event at Punchestown last year in similar ground but Paul Townend gets on brilliantly with Golden Silve winning on him at the 2m trip in 6 of his 8 starts together and they are 6 for 6 in Ireland with the two defeats coming at Cheltenham. I think Big Zeb will probably win but their price differential is enough for me to have a bet on Golden Silver. I only hope Mullins has him forward enough for this.

I don't quite believe how I thought Mullins would be trying too hard here. I thought the ground was heavy too? I saw a going description that said it was heavy.

Bank: +25.97

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The old horse tracker is paying dividends these days. Still pissed I missed Barack at Leopardstown...I was waiting for that for over a month and a half and I was in Manchester over the weekend and missed to email.

Oh well.

I nearly always back it and didn't. Along with Cheshire Prince yesterday who won at 8/1,ragin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Fortria Chase

Golden Silver 2pts @ 5/2 PP (GP)

I'm a massive fan of Golden Silver and while he may not have the class of Big Zeb, he loves heavy ground and theres no stopping him in it. At the prices I can't see why he's not a bet at 5/2. He was beaten by BZ in a similar event at Punchestown last year in similar ground but Paul Townend gets on brilliantly with Golden Silve winning on him at the 2m trip in 6 of his 8 starts together and they are 6 for 6 in Ireland with the two defeats coming at Cheltenham. I think Big Zeb will probably win but their price differential is enough for me to have a bet on Golden Silver. I only hope Mullins has him forward enough for this.

Just heavy in places I see.

Huntingdon 1.50

Ovthenight 1pt @ 7/1 Ladbrokes (GP)

Looked to race either lazily or not able to go the pace in last two chases. Gina Andrews didn't seem to be very rough on the horse and hopefully that will not be the case today because it ma be that he needs a bit of encouragement. the extra 2/3 furlongs will not doubt help him get into the race and the new distance looked promising on chase debut when staying on the take second at Huntingdon. Maybe Ovthenight is worth a small punt over the new distance on his second chasing handicap attempt.

Bank: +32.97

• Advertisement

Clonmel 2.25

Let Yourself Go 1pt @ 4/1 Lads (GP)

Missed the 5/1 by about 5 minutes I think :mad:. Huge price for a horse with such a potent combinaion with rider, a run under his belt, 4l from Captain
    Cee Bee last term and getting lumps of weight from Tranquil Sea on Seasonal debut. Hopefully they don't change riding tactics for the step up in trip and he bowls along in front. Can't have Scotirish with the way Mullins has been running his horses lately.

Advertisement